Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I placed an order for a 2020 S on 11/16/19 and then saw the GTS coming out and asked to revise to a GTS on 12/16/19. Unfortunately, my build also shows event V331 Entry Port Eden on 12/16/19. The dealer says they can't sell the one I ordered and I either forfeit my deposit ($10k) or take delivery. They can't/won't sell a custom build?

Macan S
Mamba Green Metallic
Natural Leather Interior in Espresso
Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Silver
Heated Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel
20" Macan Turbo Wheels in Satin Platinum
Porsche Entry & Drive
Interior Trim in Dark Walnut
Side Blades in Exterior Color
Instrument Dials in Garnet Red
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
Sport Chrono Package
Smartphone Compartment
Seat Belts in Garnet Red
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus 18-way w/ Memory Package Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Sport Chrono Stopwatch or Compass Dial in Garnet Red Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance Premium Package
Apple CarPlay® incl. Siri®
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Seat Heating (Front and Rear)

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Welcome. If it were the Spring of 2014, when they offered no discounts and the lines were backed up for months to get any Macan, they probably could. So this is just an opinion because taste is subjective.

This is a Green SUV with a brown interior, brown wood, and red seat belts and red dials? I don't know how that looks but it sounds way out of the mainstream. This isn't 911 GT3RS where wild colors are common. Its a SUV meant for hauling groceries, lumber, and the kids. Might look fantastic. I guess you need to ask the dealer? Lets see green car popularity. 3% of cars in NA? Thats unique. While black interiors must dominate the auto market, brown Porsche interiors certainly exist. I've seen many. Throw in dark red seat belts and dials? I don't know but the three color combination must be unique.

The dealer might believe he has to find someone with your taste. Otherwise the car sits on the lot and he loses money. He is probably the only one who knows that answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. If it were the Spring of 2014, when they offered no discounts and the lines were backed up for months to get any Macan, they probably could. So this is just an opinion because taste is subjective.

This is a Green SUV with a brown interior, brown wood, and red seat belts and red dials? I don't know how that looks but it sounds way out of the mainstream. Might look fantastic. I guess you need to ask the dealer? Lets see green car popularity. 3% of cars in NA? Thats unique. While black interiors must dominate the auto market, brown Porsche interiors certainly exist. I've seen many. Throw in dark red seat belts and dials? I don't know but the three color combination must be unique. The dealer might believe he has to find someone with your taste. Otherwise the car sits on the lot and he loses money.
Thanks for your feedback. It's a good point.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree 100% with grim, if it was a more mainstream build I think they would have a different answer. I think the green with tan will look good. I’m interested in the seat belts. Please post pictures when it arrives. I always buy a mainstream color for resale and wrap for a color with pop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree 100% with grim, if it was a more mainstream build I think they would have a different answer. I think the green with tan will look good. I’m interested in the seat belts. Please post pictures when it arrives. I always buy a mainstream color for resale and wrap for a color with pop.
Thanks. Will do.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
.....The dealer says they can't sell the one I ordered and I either forfeit my deposit ($10k) or take delivery. .....
Depends what state you're located in, and what contract you signed. In California, for example, by law the dealership must refund your deposit if you decide not to take delivery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends what state you're located in, and what contract you signed. In California, for example, by law the dealership must provide a full refund of your deposit if you decide not to take delivery.
****, the one time I wanted to live in California now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea if that happened here in Vancouver they wouldnt allow a cancellation on that. The color scheme is just nearly impossible to sell off the lot. Especially putting that much money into an S model. Expensive leather package and visual packs. I like the green but green, although nice is rated the hardest color to sell due to it being in fashion one decade and way out of fashion the next.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I have seen dealerships refund a deposit to a offbeat build . They are NOT HAPPY when it happens . A quite famous one was this car The Final 928 GTS

It was a 170K lime green /purple special order interior Porsche 928 back in the 90's . It was more than double the price of an average 928. I not only saw the car at the dealership . I saw the car when the guy bought it for his mother (see link to read story).

I also saw my dealership get stuck with a 115K white Macan S back in 2015.

In all of these cases (multiple dealerships) they did refund the deposit but that does not mean yours will do it for you . There reason that they took 10K from you is to hold you to it.

I wish I had the answer for you but I don't. I feel that your inability to commit to the decision is a bad move but I also feel you ought not be wedged (by contract) into buying a car that you dont want.

Maybe they will take interest in a middle ground . I'd start with offering full MSRP on the GTS with no discount. I'd even try to find them a buyer . Offer these things .. see if they bite . They might . Both of you can find a common point perhaps.

Good luck.

PS. If they do bend I do suggest a more conformist build because there is no way they will want this twice .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea if that happened here in Vancouver they wouldnt allow a cancellation on that. The color scheme is just nearly impossible to sell off the lot. Especially putting that much money into an S model. Expensive leather package and visual packs. I like the green but green, although nice is rated the hardest color to sell due to it being in fashion one decade and way out of fashion the next.
Thanks, I’ll be happy either way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It surprises me how little color is added to such customizable models.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
80 Posts
I'm thinking that this was your dream car initially. Then you heard about the GTS. —> There is always going to be the “next best thing”. Just accept it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Dealers order for inventory - vehicles they think will sell.
That can be a combo of model, options,color & price....
Yours may not fit the paradigm.

Selling it online yourself ------ predelivery is an option.....

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
I'm wondering about the degree of customization and the fact that a $10K deposit was made when the Macan
was ordered. It would appear a commitment was being made. What are this TX dealer's rules on special orders,
deposits and the ability to obtain a deposit refund?

It looks as though your Macan was already built and ready to ship by the time you changed your mind.

Perhaps I'm looking at this through the wrong end of the binoculars?

:unsure:

·
Registered
56 Posts
If I copy your build its $95000 Canadian. A macan turbo starts at 94k canadian so it's a fairly expensive S model.

It just seems like a hard sell for a dealer. A different than usual visual combo. A lime sporty green exterior with a club style interior rather than a sport interior. But the main thing is it looks very expensive for an S model. I've never seen one at a dealer with full leather never mind the upgraded full natural leather. The dealers here always go partial leather for inventory as less than 20% of buyers choose full leather.

Theres actually a 2017 macan turbo at dealer here, not the best color combo etc, it's got under 100km and hasn't sold in 3 years now. Price already dropped from original 120k Canadian to 95k canadian and still no takers so that sucks for a dealer..

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you take delivery of this vehicle and try to resell it you'll probably lose over $10,000. I hate to say it but walk away or better yet lease it instead.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts