Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 245298 2019 base with 15k miles. Just broadsided. Driver door and passenger door hit but direct hit was to wheel. Engine runs. Other driver ran red light. View attachment 245299 View attachment 245300
I had a similar but worse hit two years ago, the repair quote was $40k and got totaled eventually. I think yours look like $20-30k ish, and probabably it will be total loss, don’t need to worry about flying back to get the car which is a good thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
New Hood, new driver side fender, new driver door, new rear driver side door, New door lower trims for both doors, the control arms definitely is a goner, not to mention the frame damage, once they pull all of the fenders off. I would consider repairing the vehicle if it was minor front or rear damage, but since they would have to do a total realignment of the car, I would say it's totaled.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A good panel shop will be able to repair it no problem. They work miracles nowadays with the equipment they have. Just choose a good one, but the insurance may well write it off financially.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
For those following my saga. Just talked to adjuster. Body shop is so busy they can’t get it inside yet. Said they need to tear it down to estimate. I asked his candid opinion after seeing it in person. He said it’s borderline total loss. I don’t know what power I have to push him over that border. Since they haven’t fully inspected it I have to wait until end of next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, ///Bruce I did ask and he said he understood. I was just wondering what my options are if they decide to repair it anyway.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
If they decide they are going to repair it, make sure they understand you will not accept any aftermarket or reconditioned parts. You do not want junk yard parts. All new Genuine Porsche parts & you are prepared to fight for this.

No slight imperfections in any painted panel or plastic trim piece. You will note any imperfect body panel gaps & insist they be perfect as it was b4 the collision. No scuffs or visible damage of any kind on the wheels.

Others can comment on typical items they have noticed on cars after body shop repairs.

You will want to open the hood to inspect & open doors & hatch to inspect as well.

Ask detailed questions re any frame damage & alignment issues.

Good luck!

Reactions: Davin and Bobbyp

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update: Suspension and panels (hood, fender, doors, etc) need to be replaced along with wheel. No structural damage. About $20k. Certified Porsche repair shop. I’m ok with this. And, no one was hurt so just one of life’s inconveniences. Cheers.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts