Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've played D&D (and maybe even if you haven't), you know what a bag of holding is. I sometimes need a car of holding. I don't like driving big cars and I don't need lots of room for stuff most of the time. But we do have two 75-pound dogs that I have to take to the vet and groomer occasionally. There are only three humans - one still growing. My current main vehicle is a Mustang GT, so I'm fairly sure we'll fit in a Macan more comfortably than in the 'stang. If anyone has reservations on that, PLEASE let me know. It would also be highly unusual for all three humans AND both dogs to be in a car at the same time (possibly never). I'm really only hesitant because my husband saw a Macan and commented on how small it looked.
And from my test drive on a road I don't know at all, I'm fairly sure I'll be fine with how it handles, but if anyone else here has driven a Mustang GT and a Macan S, let me know how you compare them.

TIA!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't bought a Macan and not sure I will but I am in your same place. I have a 2014 BMW X1 and I was hoping the Macan had a little more room since its bigger on the outside. however the cargo area with rear seats down is about the same. and inch wider but an inch less in height. we use the x1 as a two seat hatchback and have two 60 and 80 pound dogs. we can fit one dog crate in witheh 40 seat up and the other dog in the back. in theory we could travel with three people but there would be no room for luggage, however if you had a luggage rack / carrier you could make it work for long trips too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that I've had mine for about a month, I've gotta say it is what I hoped it was. I don't know the BMW X1 so I can't compare it to that. But I can easily have my husband and son in the car without them battling for which gets legroom (which happened every time we went somewhere in the Mustang). I've taken the two dogs in it, but not with other humans. Granted, they can't talk, but they seemed comfy. I relegated them both to the back seat and wouldn't let the shepherd up front. We have almost never had all occupants of the household, dogs and humans, in a vehicle together. We used to have four dogs and I don't think I could get all of them in the Macan together, though. But they were a handful to have in any one vehicle (we had a Durango and then an Escape). We don't use crates.
Handling-wise, it feels like sacrilege to type it, but the Macan might corner better than the Mustang (though it's really close). The Mustang sounds cooler and feels like a rocket under my butt while the Macan is more refined but not slower. I'm completely happy with it for my purposes.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
What year Mustang are we talking here? My current 2018 Macan GTS with PTV+ handles better than my old 2004 mach 1 with it's solid rear axle ever did, but the new Mustangs of today would definitely out-handle any Macan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts