Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am patiently awaiting the delivery of my first Macan, a 2020 GTS, whose freeze date was the beginning of February. Like most people, I went through the configurator countless times, adding here, deleting there (more adding than deleting, of course). I even changed the color from sapphire blue to black to sapphire blue and finally to carmine red.

I liked that carmine was used as the launch color for the GTS and I feel it does make the GTS stand out as a sexy, bad-ass vehicle with which you do not want to mess! :cool: The problem is that despite all the renderings, online photos, and pics shared on this forum, I have never seen a carmine red Macan in person. I owned a 2016 carmine red Cayman S which I thought was beautiful(!), but some part of me fears that the Macan won't warm my heart the same way when I finally see it in May. Has anyone had similar fears and did they vanish the moment you took delivery???

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am patiently awaiting the delivery of my first Macan, a 2020 GTS, whose freeze date was the beginning of February. Like most people, I went through the configurator countless times, adding here, deleting there (more adding than deleting, of course). I even changed the color from sapphire blue to black to sapphire blue and finally to carmine red.

I liked that carmine was used as the launch color for the GTS and I feel it does make the GTS stand out as a sexy, bad-ass vehicle with which you do not want to mess! :cool: The problem is that despite all the renderings, online photos, and pics shared on this forum, I have never seen a carmine red Macan in person. I owned a 2016 carmine red Cayman S which I thought was beautiful(!), but some part of me fears that the Macan won't warm my heart the same way when I finally see it in May. Has anyone had similar fears and did they vanish the moment you took delivery???

Please, let me assure you, I have the utmost confidence that you'll fall instantly in love with your Macan once you see it in person. Reasons for this?
Firstly, Macan's in carmine red look STUNNING in person - no computer screen will ever do it justice.
Secondly, I'm in somewhat of a similar situation - I'm expecting a July delivery of my Mamba Green Macan (albeit, after seeing it in person), and a new car (regardless of the make or model) is always worth celebrating!
Thirdly, have confidence in your sales associate - I'm sure they have your best interests in mind (despite the public perception behind car salespeople). I have confidence that they understand the passion that goes into Porsche ownership.
Ultimately, don't let fear of the unknown take control - it's only natural that you might feel such a way, but life is too short not to celebrate occasions like this! Heck, I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I liked that carmine was used as the launch color for the GTS and I feel it does make the GTS stand out as a sexy, bad-ass vehicle with which you do not want to mess! :cool: The problem is that despite all the renderings, online photos, and pics shared on this forum, I have never seen a carmine red Macan in person.
Carmine has been around since 2013 on cars like the Cayenne and 911 . Would this be your first carmine car ever seen ?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Please, let me assure you, I have the utmost confidence that you'll fall instantly in love with your Macan once you see it in person. Reasons for this?
Firstly, Macan's in carmine red look STUNNING in person - no computer screen will ever do it justice.
Secondly, I'm in somewhat of a similar situation - I'm expecting a July delivery of my Mamba Green Macan (albeit, after seeing it in person), and a new car (regardless of the make or model) is always worth celebrating!
Thirdly, have confidence in your sales associate - I'm sure they have your best interests in mind (despite the public perception behind car salespeople). I have confidence that they understand the passion that goes into Porsche ownership.
Ultimately, don't let fear of the unknown take control - it's only natural that you might feel such a way, but life is too short not to celebrate occasions like this! Heck, I'm excited for you!
I think most people are happy with their color choice but its not always the case . Look at Nick Murray who bought a volcano Macan only to wish otherwise . There was a guy on a 911 forum who bought a black 991 and could not deal with cleaning it so much that he traded it fir an identical car in white . Of my 4 Macans there was one I regretted the color choice . It was rhodium . I was able to live with it but I absolutely hated the wheels . I loved the wheels on day 1 (platinum satin) but when night came they looked awful . I had only seen them in the daylight .

It might actually be a good thread topic .. so I will start it .

I am also excited for the original poster but I am also a realist . He may love the color every day he has the car but there is no guarantee . I can relate to his doubts about the unknown but that also can be exciting .

Lets see how it unfolds . I hope it tilts in the direction of happiness about the choice fir him .

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think most people are happy with their color choice but its not always the case . Look at Nick Murray who bought a volcano Macan only to wish otherwise . There was a guy on a 911 forum who bought a black 991 and could not deal with cleaning it so much that he traded it fir an identical car in white . Of my 4 Macans there was one I regretted the color choice . It was rhodium . I was able to live with it but I absolutely hated the wheels . I loved the wheels on day 1 (platinum satin) but when night came they looked awful . I had only seen them in the daylight .

I am also excited for the original poster but I am also a realist . He may love the color every day he has the car but there is no guarantee . I can relate to his doubts about the unknown but that also can be exciting .

Lets see how it unfolds . I hope it tilts in the direction of happiness about the choice fir him .
For what it's worth, despite my tone online, I'm very much a realist too. Nothing regarding this situation is guaranteed, nor would I ever pretend there was. My optimism regarding my reply was genuine, but naturally everyone is going to have differing opinions.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks SJG. That means a lot to me! I was working with both my sales associate and the sales manager who made the build changes for me. this is the third car I’ve purchased from them, so we have a cool relationship. I asked the SM if he thought my build would look good. He said definitely. He went on to say that all of the combinations of interior and exterior colors I chose would look good and he would have pushed back if he thought otherwise.

I did inquire about Mamba green and my SA said someone at his church drives a mamba Panarama. He said he didn’t like it and several people in his church felt the same and asked him if he sold that dude the car, for which he assured them he had nothing to do with it.

if it hadn’t been for that conversation, my Macan may very well be mamba green. Perhaps it doesn’t look good on a Panarama, but I’d still bet that it looks way cool on a Macan. But again, I’ve never seen one in person, so I’d have the same [mild] concerns I do now about Carmine. I look forward to seeing a pic of yours with you standing next to it with a BIG grin!

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carmine has been around since 2013 on cars like the Cayenne and 911 . Would this be your first carmine car ever seen ?
No, I had a Carmine red Cayman and loved it in every way!!! With the Macan, however, I feared it might be too much red on a larger vehicle. That is how I felt about Miami Blue too. I saw a 911 in the showroom that looked awesome, but it seems like a color that you would love immediately and for the first year or two, but then get tired of.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What bothered you about the rhodium? It’s a dark silver, right?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Nick Murray’s comments made me change my build from black

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think you’ll love your new Macan. You had the color on your Cayman and we’re happy... I think it works well on the Macan, especially on a GTS with all the black accents. Had you gone with the side blades painted body color, it could have been “too much” red. But the black blades do a good job of visually reducing the side height, and thus the “bulk” of the red (or whatever color it might be).

That said, I’m not personally extroverted enough for a bold color on my “daily driver” suv. On a 911 or Boxster or Cayman, I’d love a lizard green, lava orange, or one of the myriad shades of blue I can’t keep up with (it’s not Miami, but in that family). But for my Macan I ended up going with non-metallic black. I just like simple silhouette of the Macan.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
What bothered you about the rhodium? It’s a dark silver, right?
It's actually a nice color of silver (light with a blueish hue) . It was also easy to clean . It just was blasé . In the day it looked totally different than at night . In fact the satin wheels looked great in the day but hideous at night . Also in the rain and overcast weather it blended too much and ultimately was rear ended in the rain . Of my four Macans Jet Black got the most compliments and rhodium got the least (white was in between).

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think you’ll love your new Macan. You had the color on your Cayman and we’re happy... I think it works well on the Macan, especially on a GTS with all the black accents. Had you gone with the side blades painted body color, it could have been “too much” red. But the black blades do a good job of visually reducing the side height, and thus the “bulk” of the red (or whatever color it might be).

That said, I’m not personally extroverted enough for a bold color on my “daily driver” suv. On a 911 or Boxster or Cayman, I’d love a lizard green, lava orange, or one of the myriad shades of blue I can’t keep up with (it’s not Miami, but in that family). But for my Macan I ended up going with non-metallic black. I just like simple silhouette of the Macan.
I think you can put almost any color on a 911 and it will look bad-ass! I agree that the black blades break up the red and pull from the wheels. I was reluctant to pay $360 for black door handles (too blatant a ripoff), but am glad that I did, as they are also surprisingly effective at breaking up the red too. Add to that the tinted windows I am getting done IMMEDIATELY and I just might end-up loving her. :)

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's actually a nice color of silver (light with a blueish hue) . It was also easy to clean . It just was blasé . In the day it looked totally different than at night . In fact the satin wheels looked great in the day but hideous at night . Also in the rain and overcast weather it blended too much and ultimately was rear ended in the rain . Of my four Macans Jet Black got the most compliments and rhodium got the least (white was in between).
It is strange how much a color can change depending on its environment. I read on another thread that the Chalk color looks beautiful in the showroom, but not as good in overcast weather or at sundown. I have only seen it in the showroom and it was beautiful! It had a similarly light colored interior. Definitely not for pets or kids.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks SJG. That means a lot to me! I was working with both my sales associate and the sales manager who made the build changes for me. this is the third car I’ve purchased from them, so we have a cool relationship. I asked the SM if he thought my build would look good. He said definitely. He went on to say that all of the combinations of interior and exterior colors I chose would look good and he would have pushed back if he thought otherwise.

I did inquire about Mamba green and my SA said someone at his church drives a mamba Panarama. He said he didn’t like it and several people in his church felt the same and asked him if he sold that dude the car, for which he assured them he had nothing to do with it.

if it hadn’t been for that conversation, my Macan may very well be mamba green. Perhaps it doesn’t look good on a Panarama, but I’d still bet that it looks way cool on a Macan. But again, I’ve never seen one in person, so I’d have the same [mild] concerns I do now about Carmine. I look forward to seeing a pic of yours with you standing next to it with a BIG grin!
Haha that's definitely fair enough - Mamba Green is certainly not for everyone. However, either am I. I knew deep down it was the colour that made me the most happy, despite the opinions of others. Suffice it to say that my July delivery can't come soon enough - ridiculously excited!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Your car will look absolutely beautiful once it arrives. I almost went that color but I thought the red may be a little to much. However my jaw drops every time I see a macan in red. When I ordered mine the silver was just discontinued. I did not want black nor did I want white. I was leaning towards dark grey and I saw a used 911 in graphite blue metallic. I asked about getting it in that color and the sales person was well I can look into it. Long story short it was ordered and it took me 5 months of describing the color to my lady as we don't see cars that color often. She was very happy to see the color once it arrived and did like it. To this day no regrets.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The macan in red is spectacular. I wasnt even shopping Macan, more my wife’s idea. (I wanted to test drive a hybrid rav4 and the showroom was hideous. So wife said let’s go browse Porsche, which I never considered. Dang that was an expensive idea).
Then I saw the red Macan in the showroom and apparently there’s a center of neurons in my brain that resonate to that color because I was smitten. I parked next to a Carmine red GTS the other day so I could look at it in the wild. It’s awesome, I bet you’ll love it. I really like the Miami blue, also.

Then again I ordered mine in dolomite silver without seeing it! Hah! We are in the same boat. Will have to compare notes when they arrive.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The macan in red is spectacular. I wasnt even shopping Macan, more my wife’s idea. (I wanted to test drive a hybrid rav4 and the showroom was hideous. So wife said let’s go browse Porsche, which I never considered. Dang that was an expensive idea).
Then I saw the red Macan in the showroom and apparently there’s a center of neurons in my brain that resonate to that color because I was smitten. I parked next to a Carmine red GTS the other day so I could look at it in the wild. It’s awesome, I bet you’ll love it. I really like the Miami blue, also.

Then again I ordered mine in dolomite silver without seeing it! Hah! We are in the same boat. Will have to compare notes when they arrive.
I look forward to comparing notes and sharing pics when our babies eventually arrive.

I’ve already started looking at car ships departing Emden now that my car is out of production. Making the “Swift Ace” by 3/17 is probably too tight. The next option is 10 days later on the Goodwood.

I’ve been through this once before with my 2011 BMW. We all promise ourselves we won’t be that guy who tracks everything, including the ship’s journey. In the end, we were just fooling ourselves. We ARE “that guy”! ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I look forward to comparing notes and sharing pics when our babies eventually arrive.

I’ve already started looking at car ships departing Emden now that my car is out of production. Making the “Swift Ace” by 3/17 is probably too tight. The next option is 10 days later on the Goodwood.

I’ve been through this once before with my 2011 BMW. We all promise ourselves we won’t be that guy who tracks everything, including the ship’s journey. In the end, we were just fooling ourselves. We ARE “that guy”! ?
Oh, I fully intend to be "that guy"! (Or "that girl" in my case.)

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, I fully intend to be "that guy"! (Or "that girl" in my case.)
Haha! My apologies for not being gender neutral. I usually am. Guess all this car talk spilled a little extra testosterone in my blood. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha! My apologies for not being gender neutral. I usually am. Guess all this car talk spilled a little extra testosterone in my blood. :D
I'm not bothered at all - I refer to women as "you guys" all the time. (A female colleague and I were interviewing a candidate for a job, and he kept referring to us as "you ladies". We both thought it was a little weird.) Plus I figure I'm in the minority on this forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts