Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Sometimes it is best to telephone & ask best procedure for closing account.

Had you known about this silly policy you could have gone in & not closed the account but, withdrawn, in cash, all but ~ $50.
Then another day, closed the account & had them give you the $50. Or maybe left only $20 in the account.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I stopped using banks decades ago, credit unions are the way to go. Most people qualify for credit union membership, one way or another. Stop squandering your money...

·
Registered
930 Posts
CHASE SUCKS

I typed up a longer post, but it wasn't needed

CREDIT UNION 100%

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
... Most people qualify for credit union membership, one way or another....
Not sure this is true.
If you are not part of certain professions, do to belong to any groups. (Does Macan Forum count?) ;)
I looked up a community based CU to see what their requirements were to join & found no info.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
... Most people qualify for credit union membership, one way or another....
Not sure this is true.
If you are not part of certain professions, do to belong to any groups. (Does Macan Forum count?) /forum/images/MacanForum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
I looked up a community based CU to see what their requirements were to join & found no info.
This is very true. Everyone in the US either is eligible or can become eligible to join a credit Union. And since credit unions are member owned, governed by volunteer boards, their focus is on providing financial tools and value to the membership, not on profit or shareholder gains.

If you need help finding one, send me a message and I’ll be glad to assist. Otherwise, check here for more information: https://yourmoneyfurther.com/

(Full disclosure, I’m a Chief Information Officer at a Credit Union)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My understanding is under the Uniform Commercial Code a bank is obligated to honor a cashier's check drawn on itself unless the bank has some legitimate doubt about the recipient of the funds. An example would include a situation where a cashier's check is made payable to an entity, and the bank has doubts about whether the person standing before them trying to cash it is in fact a legal representative of the entity.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts