Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 2018 Macan S here. I heard some rumors that the new 2019-2020 Macan exhaust doesn’t sound quite as good as the older models? I currently have a stock exhaust without the PSE and it’s a little muffled but In sport mode with traction off it still sounds good enough for a spirited daily driver. Can anyone who owns a newer Macan testify to the exhaust? I’m going to be trading my car in for a new SUV in a few months and if The New exhaust is really that muted then I’m going to have to go Stelvio QV or maybe Maserati Levante.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes...the exhaust is different. The loud startup exhaust is gone...and the standard exhaust is almost unpleasant (but I have the sound resistant glass option which muffles the sound). I liked the exhaust sound on my 17 S more than my 20S. BTW, the engine sound is also very different. You really need to drive the cars.

The Maserati has a wonderful exhaust sound if that's high on your must have list.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...the exhaust is different. The loud startup exhaust is gone...and the standard exhaust is almost unpleasant (but I have the sound resistant glass option which muffles the sound). I liked the exhaust sound on my 17 S more than my 20S. BTW, the engine sound is also very different. You really need to drive the cars.

The Maserati has a wonderful exhaust sound if that's high on your must have list.
Ah I see. I would definitely miss that startup sound. I just feel like exhaust is important because it separates your cars from others on the roads and definitely turns heads and gives a more thrilling ride. Maybe an after market exhaust would help no?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ah I see. I would definitely miss that startup sound. I just feel like exhaust is important because it separates your cars from others on the roads and definitely turns heads and gives a more thrilling ride. Maybe an after market exhaust would help no?
Wrong post please excuse.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts

Why would Porsche make that change? The cold start roar on my 15 S is one of the best parts of owning the car. Does PSE change that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you remove the resonator from the muffler? I read on the facebook group you can unplug the muffler to keep them open?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Confirm regarding the engine and exhaust notes. I took my 2018 S in for a service and was given 2020 S as a loaner. During a start-up, both noises were very quiet and have no growl to them. If and when I'm ordering a new Macan, PSE would be among the top choices to get.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe the exhaust on the LCI Macan is quieter/lower decibels to comply with EU standards. The old S is about 93 dB, the 2019-2020 S is a few decibels lower. If someone could fact check me, I heard that from somewhere, or maybe it's just something someone pulled out of their you know what.....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I've read that U.S. Macans don't have the exhaust particulate filters....

·
Registered
150 Posts
While trying to decide which Macan model to buy I spotted a 2017 GTS in a parking lot and parked right next to it. I was answering emails and lost track of time and my surroundings. The owner got into his GTS unbeknownst to me and started it up; I literally jumped at the sound and soon after that a broad smile was plastered on my face. No more debating which model to get; I went home and ordered mine that afternoon!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts