Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS (V332)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I searched and didn’t find an even remotely recent thread so I figured I’d start a new one. There’s been a lot of buzz on the forums lately with the slew of incoming GTSs and I wanted to compare interest rates for those of us that are financing their purchase. Of course, rates are local/regional but I’ve found that most credit unions (which tend to have better rates than banks), have workarounds for joining by making token donations to local organizations.

I live in Austin, TX and the best rate I’ve found is 1.79% offered by United Heritage Credit Union.

Does anyone have a better deal?

Even if not better, post your location/region and what you’ve found.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My local credit union is 2.99% for either new or used up to 75 months. Porsche finance = 1.95% for new Macans.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I read just the other day that Porsche extended their special 1.95% financing up to 60 months on the Macan until June 30th....

"2020 Porsche Special Financing
1.95% APR for 60 months
May not be combinable with other incentives. See dealer for details. Expires 06/30/2020
May not be combinable with other incentives. May not be available on all Macan styles."

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My SA said the PFS 1.95% only applies to base Macans.
My salesman said nothing of the kind when it comes to my GTS, and I have the hits on my Experian credit report from the dealership and Porsche financing to prove it.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS (V332)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My salesman said nothing of the kind when it comes to my GTS, and I have the hits on my Experian credit report from the dealership and Porsche financing to prove it.
Interesting. Well, they know I have 1.79% lined up. I told them I’d happily switch if they wanted to buy down the rate from their preferred lender and beat UHCU. We’ll see if they bite.

😉

·
Registered
2017 Macan S
13 Posts
Austin here as well. Ended up with the 1.95%/60 from Porsche as the best rate I could find. UFCU wasn't all that close (I am not a UHCU member so didn't shop there) and 5/3rd (my family is in ohio and I manage my blind mothers finances) said that they might be able to play on a re-fi, but I'd be lucky if they would be able to beat the 1.95% from porsche finance.

Interesting. Well, they know I have 1.79% lined up. I told them I’d happily switch if they wanted to buy down the rate from their preferred lender and beat UHCU. We’ll see if they bite.

😉

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS (V332)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man, it depends on how much you borrow. If you are gonna buy an expensive car so you will borrow more, so the rates will be lower. But, try to get as many quotes as possible. For instance, I get a good rate, 1,50%. Although I live in the UK, I moved one year ago. So, my experience is a good one. I get a loan, paying monthly for my Mustang 500, for three years. I think it's a good deal, so it's important to have a reliable cred history and be a good driver lol.. If somebody is near the UK you know, look for Money Expert, it's the best option I have met.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
43 Posts
Hey all,

I searched and didn’t find an even remotely recent thread so I figured I’d start a new one. There’s been a lot of buzz on the forums lately with the slew of incoming GTSs and I wanted to compare interest rates for those of us that are financing their purchase. Of course, rates are local/regional but I’ve found that most credit unions (which tend to have better rates than banks), have workarounds for joining by making token donations to local organizations.

I live in Austin, TX and the best rate I’ve found is 1.79% offered by United Heritage Credit Union.

Does anyone have a better deal?

Even if not better, post your location/region and what you’ve found.

Thanks!
Seems very competitive. Do you happen to have a contact there? Would like to check what my rate would be without having to officially apply for a loan. Please pm me if possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts