Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dashcam was installed by my local garage in 30 minutes.

Accompanied software is easy to connect and records good quality picture.

The very stealth design doesn't get in the way of driving or make the cam standout.
Looks really good!

Could I please ask where did the cable go?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks really good!

Could I please ask where did the cable go?
The cable (on the right) just supplies power to the dashcam.

I believe it plugs into the panoramic roof connector for power, which is inside the overhead lighting panel -- the cable only fits into that one connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Videos still look pretty good. Didn't realize there was another "Venetian" out there and thought you were in Las Vegas.

Did the installation throw off any weird codes or anything?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Looks great actually.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Videos still look pretty good. Didn't realize there was another "Venetian" out there and thought you were in Las Vegas.

Did the installation throw off any weird codes or anything?
Venetian Macao in the video -- about 4 times bigger than the one in Vegas.

No error messages or problems with the dashcam what so ever.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I read from another post that there is a US website selling something similar.

I wonder whether they are both the same

You are correct. it's kammu.com and it appears to be exactly the same camera.

[iconCam] Porsche Macan Panamera Cayenne Dash Cam - Kammu.com

I'm not sure what is stopping me from getting this. I'm currently using the KDI Links, one of the top rated on Amazon, and it works well, but it's on the windshield with a suction cup which I am not a fan of.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
@Bert One thing I'm not understanding is the connection. You say it fits into the roof connection, but I can't imagine a female or male connector that's just hanging out up there waiting for that to mate with it. Usually one has to insert bare wire or a wire post into a connector to touch the proper wires.

I'd really love to see how that's in fact connected. I wired my radar detector to the overheard console and there were no places I could find that the connector you show would connect to, without disconnecting something that's already connected.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I really don't want to open her up, I had the dashcam put in by my local garage for fear of damaging the interior plastic; in fact another forum member did attempt a similar installation and broke some of the plastic clips.

But the adaptor in the picture is just a fancy electrical tap that can only go in one way (male and female ended) with a third wiring that goes to the dashcam. I think it draws power from sunroof connector, I say 'I think' because I don't have a sunroof, so there is a connector inside my centre roof console that isn't connected to anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Sorry @Bert but you will just have to take one for the team and disassemble the entire roof to show us how and where it's connected. ;)

My question was partially rhetorical. I wasn't asking you to take it apart. I would just like to know how it connects. I have a sunroof and so am certain there's not just a connector hanging around there to use.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I disconnected the GPS module from mine. Not sure how it's advantageous. It records your MPH and that can be very undesirable.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Reactions: myrock67

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I installed my CYHY integrated dash cam yesterday. The videos are good but the app is not.

As I continued to search for other successful installation DIY’s on Youtube, I found an identical camera with the same features as CYHY although it is controlled by a different app, FinalCam.

So I downloaded the app on my iPhone to see it it can control my CYHY dash cam. It did and FinalCam has much better control!

So I’m sharing this with those of you who have installed a Kammu or CYHY Integrated Dash Cam in your Macans.

By the way, my CYHY dash cam was only $89 on Amazon. Installation was fairly easy.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
15 Posts
I installed my CYHY integrated dash cam yesterday. The videos are good but the app is not.

As I continued to search for other successful installation DIY’s on Youtube, I found an identical camera with the same features as CYHY although it is controlled by a different app, FinalCam.

So I downloaded the app on my iPhone to see it it can control my CYHY dash cam. It did and FinalCam has much better control!

So I’m sharing this with those of you who have installed a Kammu or CYHY Integrated Dash Cam in your Macans.

By the way, my CYHY dash cam was only $89 on Amazon. Installation was fairly easy.
Axion, how did you get FinalCam to work with the CYHY dashcam? Did you have to first connect your phone to the dashcam's wifi network? Or just connect through the FinalCam app? Thanks.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts