Porsche Macan Forum banner

Insurance

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wasupdu 
#1 ·
I just made a insurance claim (no at fault) as some other car hit the rear of my car, but my insurer (AAMI) would not allow me to use my preferred repairer (also preferred by Porsche), so should I trust their preferred repairer? and does anyone know why insurer let you choose your own repairer?

#5 · (Edited)
My insurance company tried to do this in the US . It happened more than once too. I have told them the same thing every time . I stated "My car is an expensive car which I do not feel safe driving with damage . It is currently at the authorized Porsche dealership which is where they will direct the authorized Porsche repair . I am not bringing my car anywhere and your adjuster can talk to them . Regardless of what your policy is this is where my car is goin g to be fixed . "

In essence I refused to comply . It's an attempt at bullying (IMO). I still would have fixed it correctly no matter what . Had they not paid I would have taken them to court and they don't want that . They want it resolved ASAP.

They had an adjuster with a check within 2 days . Plus one time I traded the car on the day after it was crashed . That time I told them that the dealership agreed to hold the car for two days. Even then they paid .

Bottom line -- It's your car . Get it fixed the way YOU want .

#6 ·
I've been with State Farm my entire life. Not the cheapest out there, but they have been nothing short of terrific when dealing with them. The first time I made an insurance claim they suggested that I go with their "preferred shop" but now they don't even bother.

I enjoy the hunt for a new vehicle and I'm very particular, so the most frustrating process is when a vehicle is totaled and I feel rushed to find something else. To me, that's where the big financial hit takes place. I inevitably select something I'm not in love with and I take a big loss when I end up selling 6 months down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.