Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My navigation screen on the instrument cluster of my 2017 macan gts is squeezed in half horizontally and I see the other screen behind it. Has anybody experienced such problem?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I‘m only a three month old owner and haven’t seen it but I have seen some issues go away after turning off the ignition then restarting. If you have already tried that, try deselecting the screens that are having a problem in the menus then reselecting them one at a time. I think there is also an option to reset to the factory options in the vehicle menu.

I have found as a new Porsche owner that there is a lot of tech in these vehicles that can sometimes be a little quirky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never seen that before. Looks to be "Stuck" between screens. What happens when you change screens and or turn the car on/off?.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other screens works fine but only the nav screen is messed up. Its same after turning the car off and on

·
Registered
261 Posts
Try turning off the NAV screen in the vehicle menu. Then save your settings. See if there is a problem with any other screens. Then turn it on again. I'm just guessing at things that might reboot it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I‘m only a three month old owner and haven’t seen it but I have seen some issues go away after turning off the ignition then restarting.
I think you set the record, re youthful P-car ownership. And your vocabulary and typing skills are excellent!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think you set the record, re youthful P-car ownership. And your vocabulary and typing skills are excellent!
It has been a while since I have in any way been associated with the term “youthful” but I’ll take it.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you have a manual? Its all in there. Basically use the roll ball on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll to the vehicle menu, then push the ball to enter the menu choices.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
My navigation screen on the instrument cluster of my 2017 macan gts is squeezed in half horizontally and I see the other screen behind it. Has anybody experienced such problem?
You have a photo.
Email it to your Porsche SA.
Get on record during your factory warranty.

Whether they have a fix now (software or new screen?) or not, if it completely breaks after warranty expires you have a good case for Porsche fixing it @ N/C.

If they have a fix now, you can make an appointment for several months from now, when the pandemic hopefully subsides.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The dealership ordered the instrument cluster and they will be swapping it out. No other fix is available.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts