Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my protection, I'm planning to install 2 CH. dash cams on my Macan; one camera recording front and another recoding the rear side.
Does anyone know how to remove the panel off of the rear trunk hatch?
In order to put the camera on rear window, I should probably run the cable through the rubber boot where all other wires run through to make it clean look but if anyone has tips on how to safely remove the plastic panel, that would be very helpful as I don't want to break any plastic clips on a brand new ride. Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Second that! I need to install 2CH dash cam as well. If someone can help us that would be great! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone found a way to remove the plastic panels yet? I just got a 2 channel dash cam as well, and haven't fully hidden the rear camera wires yet...

·
Registered
292 Posts
If it's anything like the Cayenne, the panel pulls toward you when you have the hatch lifted.

As for the conduit, does the Macan have just one, or two like the Cayenne? Because in the Cayenne the right-side contains the washer fluid hose and there's NO room left for anything else. I pulled mine through the left. What worked best was to use a section of 1/4" plastic tubing (snipped a spare 18" length from some refrigerator ice maker tube). Ream out the end enough to jam the camera's cord into the end. Use a single, very tight wrap of electrical tape around where they meet. Then feed that through the conduit. Resist the temptation to use anything metal as you'd risk puncturing the insulation of any other wires in the conduit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the lower panel need to be removed first? It looks like the lower panel is installed on top of (overlapping) the upper panel. Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did not remove the lower panel, but I didn't fully remove the upper one either. I just pulled my wire through one of the conduits and snapped it back in place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2019 Macan S and just like most people all the information was unorganized as we don't have a real DIY Dash Cam install. After long researching I found a very good video I would like to share with everyone if they are installing the BlackVue Dash Cam or similar. I highly recommend watching it as the concept is almost exactly like installing it on a Macan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts