Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Finally got around to install my dash cam - was initially going for the BlackVue but got the Thinkware 1000U due to higher quality low light footage. Thanks to all for hints and helps along the way. The whole process was surprisingly easier than I thought as I have zero experience with car electronics, etc... I got a trim kit, voltage meter, and tapes from Amazon - and the way we go:

1. I wanted a battery backup and got the Neo Cellink. I went for the rear cargo fuse box and found the rear cigarette lighter which is an ACC fuse.

2. Use volt meter to check for the positive side which is on the right (see the light on the meter). This is important later on due to direction of the add-a-fuse.

3. Prep the cables by wrapping them together using the same type of tape that Porsche used.

4. Add a Fuse install - In this configuration, the fuses will be protective per diagram.

5. Zip ties will be your best friend - I did not have any electrical fish line so used zip tie to run the cables from the fuse box into the headline.

6. From there, start in the front - run cables from windshield to A pillar. You can remove the screw to pull the A pillar out a bit to aid in running the cable. Then run along front passenger, then rear passenger window to the back. Notice how the headliner is behind the trim to help in putting things back together.

7. Use two zip ties to "fish" the cable thru the back conduit. I tried using one with electrical tape but it keeps slipping so I looped the cable between the two zip ties and it was so much easier.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great post! In picture #8 did you just "lift" the rear door trim or did you need to remove a section. This is the part I'm most concerned about as I don't want to scratch the rear defroster wires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just use a trim tool to "lift it". It was my concern as well. The attachment of the defrosting wire you can see coming into the trim "the three wires on the R of the pic". I just went for the area that didn't have that to the left of those three wires. I actually attach the camera to the trim piece as otherwise the double sided tape would be over one of the defrosting wire and I didn't want it to heat up the tape or cause problem during the winter months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts