Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Macan in Europe and shipped it to the US. The dealerships in Dallas charge $1200 to update the navigation system to put the US maps in there. A lot of money for an option that is already in there. That's why I'd like to get Apple CarPlay.

I asked to get an Apple CarPlay upgrade but the dealerships aren't sure this will work (US CarPlay software with Euro PCM system). I would like to make sure this combination is possible before spending $700 on this and finding out it doesn't work. Anyone experience with this issue? or know a better solution to be less dependent on my phone for navigation while driving?

· Registered
4,476 Posts
Talk to @Santirx . He is the master in Apple CarPlay in this Forum. So you are saying there is no Apple CarPlay in Europe?

· Registered
10 Posts
I bought the Macan in Europe and shipped it to the US. The dealerships in Dallas charge $1200 to update the navigation system to put the US maps in there. A lot of money for an option that is already in there. That's why I'd like to get Apple CarPlay.

I asked to get an Apple CarPlay upgrade but the dealerships aren't sure this will work (US CarPlay software with Euro PCM system). I would like to make sure this combination is possible before spending $700 on this and finding out it doesn't work. Anyone experience with this issue? or know a better solution to be less dependent on my phone for navigation while driving?
Hello Michaeldew, our joyeauto wireless carplay module will compatible with your Macan, you do not need to spend too much to upgrade the system. Would you like to have a try?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts