Porsche Macan Forum banner

With the ICE Macan being phased out in 2024 do you (when its time to replace your car)?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Recent indications from Porsche are the ICE Macan will be dropped in 2024, due to enviromental standards tightening in Europe.

See article Porsche Macan Gasoline Model Likely To Be Discontinued In 2024

I’d be intested to know what current Macan owners would consider with their next purcase, so thought I’ll start a poll
I would wait and drive the car . I think Tesla has the market cornered by the customer service and build quality are not refined. A neighbor just got a frozen blue metallic Taycan . I must say it looks impressive . I m open to at least see where Porsche takes this but I am not ready to spend big money on EV . It feel it will evolve as qulckly as an iPhone.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought my Macan S for keeps. I'm going to drive it until it dies, or car accident. Hopefully, the previous, I get leasing is very popular and people want to rent a car every 2-3 years to have the newest and shiniest vehicle on the road, but it never made sense for me unless you own a business and could claim a lease as a tax write off. Just my own opinion here.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I m open to at least see where Porsche takes this but I am not ready to spend big money on EV . It feel it will evolve as qulckly as an iPhone.
Precisely. We've got all ICE cars now and the better half . . . a 959 veteran . . . is all of a sudden, following her friend buying a Tesla, talking Taycan or eTron.

I think the e cars are great but I am a luddite.

At this age . . . I keep thinking about doing some serious collecting of old, FUN, ICE cars . . .

But . . . I am going to try to keep any open mind. I am hoping the styling of the Taycan evolves . . . . we'll see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just want to point out, it wouldnt be an electric macan, it would be a whole different car.
I have an order for a 2022 macan gts. Im in no rush to switch over to electric.
If i was to buy an all electric today, id probably go with the ford mach-e.

I have owned mostly bimmers and VW/audi from my younger days. The macan will be my first porsche. I have probably one of the last amg glc v8s - not sure if they will return for my23/24.
When it comes to electric tho, its a whole different ball game. Im just going to wait and see how things go in the next decade or so.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm waiting for an electric Audi TT.:sneaky:

Reactions: TXRed

·
Registered
183 Posts
Another aspect to this is ICE values.
Will people embrace EV as the latest and greatest and the resale value plummet or will they be chasing second hand ICE vehicles that are no longer available new.

Were horse and carts selling off cheap when the Model T arrived? :ROFLMAO: It will be interesting to see if the new technology will be embraced or just forced upon us.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|ACC|Escargot
200 Posts
It will be interesting to see if the new technology will be embraced or just forced upon us.
I'm assuming they'll try to force our hands via gasoline taxes. California will lead the "charge"...

California already pumps out the highest state gas tax rate of 66.98 cents per gallon, Federal taxes add 18.3 cents per gallon.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
These green savages want to add speed limit to autobahns. Can't wait anything good from them.

On the other hand, I was on a walk yesterday and passed tesla supercharger station where there were like 10 teslas, in 6 out of 10 there were people sitting inside. People just sit in the cars and charge them, ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If this happens it will be sad.
Maybe Porsche thinks that the # of ICE Macans sold in a year will be the # of EV Macans sold when ICE no longer made....WRONG!

My MY2016 is running great & I hope to keep it for many years. If it was totaled in 2024 or after, I would probably buy a competitor's ICE SUV. If I did not like any of those, than a used 2023 Macan GTS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, I've got a 2021 with 6 years of warranty coverage...so at minimum I'm 2027 before I even begin to think about a new Porsche, I imagine the landscape will be different by then so it's hard to speculate now.
A Canadian asking a fellow Canadian: I'm assuming you got the 24 months Porsche Approved Limited Warranty Extension? Did you also get the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan?

·
Super Moderator
10,468 Posts
I'm assuming they'll try to force our hands via gasoline taxes. California will lead the "charge"...

California already pumps out the highest state gas tax rate of 66.98 cents per gallon, Federal taxes add 18.3 cents per gallon.
No, CA is banning ICE via EO

Since it an EO, another gov can change it, So its on the voters in CA, Its not a law. CA voters will get exactly what they want. Its their choice but has no bearing on the other states.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|ACC|Escargot
200 Posts
No, CA is banning ICE via EO

Since it an EO, another gov can change it, So its on the voters in CA, Its not a law. CA voters will get exactly what they want. Its their choice but has no bearing on the other states.
Yes, but that's only new vehicle production, no? I was referring to deterring folks from using the old ones by taxing the fuel through the roof such that they become parade vehicles at best. Take a limited gasoline production USA, add an insane CA gas tax... You get the picture.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
I can't see throwing a hundred plus years of the ICE down the drain for what is political purposes. This is plain dumb. But, here we are and many on this forum are all for this. Not me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
A Canadian asking a fellow Canadian: I'm assuming you got the 24 months Porsche Approved Limited Warranty Extension? Did you also get the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan?
Yes, got the extra 24 month Porsche approved warranty to the tune of $3495. The dealer surprised me on day of delivery with the 3 year Porsche maintenance plan for free (something like $1800 actual price), so that was a nice bonus.

I am planning to keep my Macan for more than the standard 4 year warranty, so it just made sense to add a couple more years for peace of mind. Will make a judgement call when it gets close to 6 years whether it's time to trade in or hang on to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, got the extra 24 month Porsche approved warranty to the tune of $3495. The dealer surprised me on day of delivery with the 3 year Porsche maintenance plan for free (something like $1800 actual price), so that was a nice bonus.
Wow that is a really nice bonus.

For my 22 which I already put a deposit on, I'm leaning towards purchasing the PAWE only and not the PSMP.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts