Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to be on the obsessive side, in case I need to add oil
The manual is in the car in a garage, so if someone could let me know what to buy I'd appreciale it
thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Carrying a spare quart of oil is not obsessive in the least as sometimes the correct oil is not readily available.

The Mobil 1 shown or any other full synthetic 0W 40 that meets Porsches A40 spec will be fine. You will find the reference to the A40 spec on the back of the bottle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think pennzoil makes a US 0w40 for dodge that is not A40 and a euro 0w40 that is.

don’t forget the OEM Porsche bag for carrying a quart of oil

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
And Porsche has your back for storing that oil in your vehicle....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
We wasted a lot of time looking for the right oil when my wife’s Cayenne asked for some on a road trip. Never again. Now there’s a quart in the spare tire well of both the Cayenne and the Macan. We don’t have the “oil bling bag“ though.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
We wasted a lot of time looking for the right oil when my wife’s Cayenne asked for some on a road trip. Never again. Now there’s a quart in the spare tire well of both the Cayenne and the Macan. We don’t have the “oil bling bag“ though.
This is the one I got almost three years ago (pleased with it), shortly after taking delivery of our Macan: Amazon.com: Genuine Porsche Oil Travel Bag: Automotive

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
This is the one I got almost three years ago (pleased with it), shortly after taking delivery of our Macan: Amazon.com: Genuine Porsche Oil Travel Bag: Automotive
Very fancy smancy, what every well dressed Macan rear cargo area should be wearing.

To be honest I never thought about carrying a spare quart of oil before, but now this thread has got me thinking that I should have had this in the back for those just in case purposes. On a road trip to FL In my Q5 I remember calling my favorite Audi service advisor when the warning light came on and he told me what to do and what to buy. I remember running to about 3 gas stations before I found one that had the right kind of oil I needed.

Thanks for the amazon link, I will be ordering this for the new one.

Reactions: wspollack and Shark

·
Registered
456 Posts
Our ‘17 GTS came with one of these bags with a bottle of oil. To be honest I thought these just came with all Porsches.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Our ‘17 GTS came with one of these bags with a bottle of oil. To be honest I thought these just came with all Porsches.
Well not in the states. 😢 My 2018 didn’t come with it.

Thats great that your car came ready just in case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts