Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Suzuki Samurai, Isuzu Trooper, Lexus GX are the worst examples of their “journalism.”
Assume you mean “libel”, not “slander”.

Parties accuse other parties of things all the time. Does not necessarily mean much.

But what’s interesting is you not mentioning what the results of the Suzuki and Isuzu lawsuits were.

I’m not aware there was ever a lawsuit following CR rating the GX 460 as “don’t buy”.

No doubt Suzuki, Isuzu, and Lexus, and their dealers as well as their customers trying to sell used ones were not too happy with CR.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The results were that Suzuki and Isuzu don’t sell cars in America anymore.

·
Registered
472 Posts
CRs concern about the Samurai flipping over was spot on. My neighbor’s teenage daughter at the time was one of the thousands of people who were injured when Samurais rolled over.

She was maimed for the rest of her life and actually ended up being very well very financially well off after successfully suing Suzuki.

I don’t think Suzuki’s vehicle business in the United States ever really recovered after that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
CRs concern about the Samurai flipping over was spot on. My neighbor’s teenage daughter at the time was one of the thousands of people who were injured when Samurais rolled over.

She was maimed for the rest of her life and actually ended up being very well very financially well off after successfully suing Suzuki.

I don’t think Suzuki’s vehicle business in the United States ever really recovered after that.
SUVs roll when they crash.

There was nothing about the Samurai or the Trooper aside from being SUVs that made them prone to rollover.

Next thing you’re going to say that fast cars or motorcycles are dangerous.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The results were that Suzuki and Isuzu don’t sell cars in America anymore.
I remember the Suzuki situation well because of my neighbor.

Suzuki sued for a huge number in damages for what Suzuki claimed was willfully fraudulent testing. Suzuki‘s attempts to sue CR went on for something like 8 or 10 years, but there was dismissal after dismissal in Federal courts.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I remember the Suzuki situation well because of my neighbor.

Suzuki sued for a huge number in damages for what Suzuki claimed was willfully fraudulent testing. Suzuki‘s attempts to sue CR went on for something like 8 or 10 years, but there was dismissal after dismissal in Federal courts.
They hired a stunt driver to roll the car.

Just like when Dateline set up pyrotechnics in GM truck sub tanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
SUVs roll when they crash.

There was nothing about the Samurai or the Trooper aside from being SUVs that made them prone to rollover.
Baloney. Hundreds of thousands of SUVs have crashed without rolling over.

You obviously don’t remember when Suzuki‘s own expert witnesses testified Suzuki was aware of something like 200 deaths and thousands of injuries involving Samurai rollovers.

And then there was the smoking gun where Suzuki’s own internal documents said they needed to develop a crisis plan to deal with the roll issue, and in writing admitted because of the narrow wheelbase the Samurai was bound to turn over.

Suzuki completely and totally embarrassed themselves by not letting go of the lawsuit for years and years.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Baloney. Hundreds of thousands of SUVs have crashed without rolling over.

You obviously don’t remember when Suzuki‘s own expert witnesses testified Suzuki was aware of something like 200 deaths and thousands of injuries involving Samurai rollovers.

And then there was the smoking gun where Suzuki’s own internal documents said they needed to develop a crisis plan to deal with the roll issue, and in writing admitted because of the narrow wheelbase the Samurai was bound to turn over.

Suzuki completely and totally embarrassed themselves by not letting go of the lawsuit for years and years.
They HAD to address it after CR posted video of the Samurai failing a rollover test of CR’s own design specifically meant to roll the Samurai.

Only scumbag personal injury lawyers and dimwit federal judges can’t find fault with that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why the attacks on CR? Usually those are reserved for owners of vehicles after they received low ratings.

Or perhaps someone here is a former disgruntled owner of a Samurai or a Trooper that lost their shirt on trade in value after it was proven how dangerous they were?

if you go back to the beginning of the thread, The quoted blog attempts to make something out of the fact that the Kia scored higher than the Macan. But CR never even tested them against each other.

It’s like saying because a certain dishwasher received a higher score from CR then a washing machine, the dishwasher is better. The comparison has no relevance whatsoever.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That is actually quite humorous given my son often keeps his Suzuki Hayabusa in my garage. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle at 190 miles an hour?
If anyone under 70 still took CR seriously today they’d hire a stunt rider to wobble and lay one down at 180mph and demand they all be taken off the streets immediately.

·
Registered
472 Posts
They HAD to address it after CR posted video of the Samurai failing a rollover test of CR’s own design specifically meant to roll the Samurai.

Only scumbag personal injury lawyers and dimwit federal judges can’t find fault with that.
What they had to address was the thousands of lawsuits from people being killed and injured from Samurais rolling over.

Forgetting the issue with the Samurai itself, the way they corporately handled the affair was just mind boggling and is used as a case study in public relations classes to this date.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If anyone under 70 still took CR seriously today they’d hire a stunt rider to wobble and lay one down at 180mph and demand they all be taken off the streets immediately.
All I can say is that at my neighbor‘s daughter’s trial, after witness after witness to the accident testified how easily the truck rolled over and Suzuki’s internal documents from one of the Federal actions were introduced as evidence, all of the sudden Suzuki’s attorneys were scurrying to settle the suit...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would suggest someone that doesn’t even know the difference between libel and slander does not have very much credibility making judgments about federal judges.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would suggest someone that doesn’t even know the difference between libel and slander does not have very much credibility making judgments about federal judges.
lol.

Not too many jobs out there where you can get one with zero experience as a political favor.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
I recall this well. After years of legal wrangling, all Suzuki was left with was a claim that CR overstated how prone the truck was to flipping over when they used the term "easily", and there was a dispute about the definition of "easily".

The parties settled by CR stating it never intended to imply the truck easily rolls over in routine driving, and the settlement stated the parties disagreed on the validity of the tests.

Reactions: Glock19

·
Registered
311 Posts
How about spurting out some more facts that are not true?

They have 7 million subscribers, and they are hardly all senior citizens. What a wildly ridiculous claim.

No one has ever suggested they are perfect, but they do present a unique perspective.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Back to the original post.!
I believe that I have found the smoking gun on why this so called journalist compared the Mach -E to a Macan. From what I read, when Ford started development on the Mach E there was no other comparable electric vehicle to use as a benchmark. Ford then did the next best thing. They chose the best SUV on the market that was comparably in size and made that the benchmark. The vehicle they chose was the Macan. Note that the Mach E was never designed to compete with the Macan. Essentially Ford was saying that the Macan was the benchmark for small SUV,s and as such presented a goal to the Mach-E developers.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts