Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Here's another constant creak I enjoyed this morning.

I bought WD40 "silicone gel" spray and sprayed every little bit and bumper that made the hood and body touch. Including the hinges. I don't think there was an improvement.
I didn’t get to test drive mine between the mega lube and hood adjustment, but I’m guessing that the thing that fixed mine was the adjustment rather than the lubrication.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys ! Stuck here with the EXACT same rattle... changed pretty much all bushings ans even the front suspension driver side (csn you believe this...) and still 2 mechanics later, no one figured it out. Looks like I should bring it directly to porsche, sounds like they are aware of the hood issue. It's still so hard to believe thay a hood can make so much noise !

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was the hood? I'm getting the same noice but it sounds like its coming from the rear on both sides.
Ok ... me too. Also, with windows down, if youre driving and stop the car and after breaking, the car settles back down to neutral (like at a stop sign and the car settles), mine squeaks in the rear.

I am not sure what it could be, it sounds like a mixture of squeaking or something, especially in low mode, especially in sport + suspension settings. Anyone go through anything similar?

2022 Macan GTS, 3k miles.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 Chalk/Black
142 Posts
Update: I lubed the **** out of everything that moves or touches under the hood. I used WD-40 spray gel, and it took a couple weeks for me to notice that I wasn't hearing the clicking anymore! Problem solved.

Lubing includes all the alignment pins and blocks, and especially the hinge areas including where the gas struts are anchored to the hinge.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts