Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m taking it to the dealership to have these creaking noises checked for the second time tomorrow… first time thought it was the hood, now I’m not so sure, but this is abnormal right!?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds more like a rattle. Check all the door pockets, glove box and those funky storage bins under the front seats. Bet there is something loose in one of those locations.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds more like a rattle. Check all the door pockets, glove box and those funky storage bins under the front seats. Bet there is something loose in one of those locations.
I'll remove everything before going to the dealership just to make sure... but you're right, it does sound like a rattle, which makes me wonder if something isn't bolted in fully (because I haven't stored anything in it).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is it coming from the front or back of the cabin? I took delivery as well and have heard some squest/rattle but I think it may be coming from the back seats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it coming from the front or back of the cabin? I took delivery as well and have heard some squest/rattle but I think it may be coming from the back seats.
Sounds like front driver side to me. And the fact that it is worse at low speeds over bumps on just one side of the car make me think it is either some issue with suspension or something loose rattling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear, I’ll keep journal posted once ID my source
Yah, I hope they can fix it… I switched from a Stinger GT2 to the Macan because the Stinger had annoying creaks and I assumed a brand like Porsche would be better in that regard, but the current noise is worse than the Stinger!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yah, I hope they can fix it… I switched from a Stinger GT2 to the Macan because the Stinger had annoying creaks and I assumed a brand like Porsche would be better in that regard, but the current noise is worse than the Stinger!
I actually made the same switch! My experience justified the decision so I hope they can make it better for you.

·
Registered
2017 Macan Turbo
24 Posts
Sounds louder then the rattle I was having trouble finding in our Macan. Figured I’d post just in case it is this. Check the fuse compartment, near the drivers side door. Mine had a small wrench that would constantly vibrate. I took it out and it solved my rattle issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My ‘18 model S had similar noise On passenger side. It was hood hinges and stop brackets. I lubed and rattle gone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am going to go with a suspension component. strut, control arm, trailing arm, tie rod, cradle, trans mount, steering rack,.....
Hahah, anybody wanna get a pool going here? The good thing is that I get to see some very cool cars going through the shop as I wait at a table above it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahah, anybody wanna get a pool going here? The good thing is that I get to see some very cool cars going through the shop as I wait at a table above it.
Dude just oiled the living crap out of my hood underneath and drove it out, so maybe they think it is still something with that… not going to be fun if this becomes a bi-monthly visit for creaking noises!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
2020 2.0 Chalk/Black
142 Posts
Here's another constant creak I enjoyed this morning.

I bought WD40 "silicone gel" spray and sprayed every little bit and bumper that made the hood and body touch. Including the hinges. I don't think there was an improvement.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts