Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been interested in the Macan since I heard about it last summer. The wife gave the green light after the debut in LA. She drives a '12 ML350 Blu, our first experience with a German luxury troca. I really like the build quality and solidity of the ML, but it feels way too bulky for a daily driver. We have a four month old now, so four doors is a must.

I haven't put in an order yet, still curious about the upcoming X4. I thought the new X3 drove well, but to be honest I think the design is uninspiring. Ditto for the 530GT. X6 is cool but too pricey and maybe too big as well. Don't care how nice the GLK drives, the rear three-quarters view looks ridiculous. Tesla Model X will be a longer wait than the Macan, if ever. Wife has categorically ruled out any flavor of wagon, period. I agree with the comments here that it's safe to assume the Macan will set a new standard in its class for performance, fun to drive, and refined style (although I am struggling a bit with those side blades).

As this would be my first Porsche, I really value the comments here from experienced Porsche owners on the relative value of various options. I'm probably looking at an S model with a generous number of options - definitely want the Burmester audio for those days when I can't avoid getting stuck in traffic. Thanks in advance for the great info from other enthusiasts!

Jim

·
Registered
972 Posts
welcome jim!

bmw's are ok (i've only had one) but they do lack a bit of identity. there is such a volumnous flow of different models and shapes that you are really just picking out your moment in their design timeline and will be superceded 10 minutes after you drive off the lot.

the macan's performance will be class-leading, no doubt; however my #1 reason for buying into the porsche brand is interior quality. i'm impressed with the consistency of finish regardless of the model :)

burm is great, if you can fit it in the budget i'm sure you won't regret it! (unfortunately in australia it costs $16k)

·
Registered
455 Posts
welcome jim!

bmw's are ok (i've only had one) but they do lack a bit of identity. there is such a volumnous flow of different models and shapes that you are really just picking out your moment in their design timeline and will be superceded 10 minutes after you drive off the lot.

the macan's performance will be class-leading, no doubt; however my #1 reason for buying into the porsche brand is interior quality. i'm impressed with the consistency of finish regardless of the model :)

burm is great, if you can fit it in the budget i'm sure you won't regret it! (unfortunately in australia it costs $16k)
+ 1

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've also had A BMW (x5) and Mercs (c180k and ML500) and love the German car experience. I believe the Macan will be a significant step up in quality from these. Not sure if it matters to you but the x5, ml, x3, x6 etc. are made in he usa whilst the Macan is made in Germany. Even the Cayenne is not made in Germany, the body is made in a vw plant in Slovakia and shipped to Germany for final production.

Like you we want something smaller than the ml, x5, x6 models. Seems like the Macan is hitting the sweet spot for many.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.