Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not often needed. For example, parked at a drive in movie theater, in AZ, when it is over 110˚F!

You need to run the AC.

Turning the light switch from Auto to OFF, leaves the Daytime Driving Light on.
Turning the switch 1 click to the R turns DDL off but turns ON the side lights & license plate light.

Is that the best that can be done?

Obviously, out of courtesy to other drivers, it is best to have all your exterior lights OFF.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a record 115˚F in Phoenix last Saturday & a record 116˚F the next day! Didn't touch the all time high record of 122˚F though.
I was @ a make shift drive in to watch UFC 251. 4 hours (~7-11 PM) & my T-stat was saying it was 113˚F still @ 9PM. Sun didn't set till ~ 7:40 PM. All cars were in the shade though.

I drove an old car so I just turned off my lights but I saw several other cars that didn't turn off their DDL. So Behind me or in front of me I could see their lights. I thought they did not know how to work their light switches & tonight experimented on my Macan & found I could not turn mine off.

If I go back next month I want to drive the Macan…more comfortable seats & ventilated seats.

Unless I have a better solution, I guess I will just have the side lights & license plate light on.

Until this plague is over & I can go back to sports bars, drive in is safest.
(Other than $$$$$ to buy PPV)

Reactions: 95B3.6

·
Registered
13 Posts
OMG 113F at 9pm. Time to move to Montana. I'm hoping someone could chime in with an answer. Would be handy for astronomy and camping situations too.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It was a record 115˚F in Phoenix last Saturday & a record 116˚F the next day! Didn't touch the all time high record of 122˚F though.
I was @ a make shift drive in to watch UFC 251. 4 hours (~7-11 PM) & my T-stat was saying it was 113˚F still @ 9PM. Sun didn't set till ~ 7:40 PM. All cars were in the shade though.

I drove an old car so I just turned off my lights but I saw several other cars that didn't turn off their DDL. So Behind me or in front of me I could see their lights. I thought they did not know how to work their light switches & tonight experimented on my Macan & found I could not turn mine off.

If I go back next month I want to drive the Macan…more comfortable seats & ventilated seats.

Unless I have a better solution, I guess I will just have the side lights & license plate light on.

Until this plague is over & I can go back to sports bars, drive in is safest.
(Other than $$$$$ to buy PPV)
Four hours plus the tickets, plus the popcorn, plus the gas. What do you feel the cost worked out to per person? Is this one area an EV would excel at?

·
Registered
94 Posts
PIWIS to turn off the DRLs and even then only in a country that doesn’t require them by law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts