Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen on Instagram...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,145 Posts
Perhaps Porsche should consider offering a light bar delete option. I'm sure at some point, someone will modify their facelift car to eliminate the light bar.

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
270 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess someone may want to do this if their tailgate becomes ruined after they are rearended. Good to know that the quarter panels do not need replacement.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It is called Lincoln syndrome

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I say why not? To each his or her own.

And anyone who thinks the new rear of the Macan or Cayenne even resembles the rear of the Lincoln has another think coming. I was behind a Lincoln today with the rear light bar. Looks small, squeezed and cheap. No comparison.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You know what, I too disliked the 2019 tail light bar initially and guess what it grew on me and now I actually prefer it over the older models. Therefore, instead of purchasing a 2018 CPO with 7K miles, I ordered a 2019 and I absolutely love the bar when lit.

Compared to other OEMs, Porsche's looks amazing - I do prefer the styling of the light bar on the Cayenne however and the Aston Martin's does look cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm going to give the OP, the benefit-of-doubt, he was not proposing we run out and do the conversion. Just divulging, the necessary steps.
I love my T Macan's rear end, would rather spend the money on Go-fast Mods!

·
Registered
383 Posts
To each his or her own. Some like white cars, some like red cars, some like blue cars...your money, do whatever makes you happy.

I can't seem to open the pictures.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So last night on my home from a late BBQ, I noticed a car behind me wanted to pass . I knew immediately it was a Porsche from the 4 DRL lights on the headlights. My first question was, why are the DRL lights on when the headlights are ON??? When it finally passed me up, it was the new Macan. I had a chance to see the light bar at night for the first time and I have to admit, it really looks cool. It's a very "thin" light bar that goes across which gives it a modern & updated look to the tail lights. YES, there are other manufacturers with the light bars out there but the PORSCHE is 2.0 tail lights!!

As it got further away from me, all I see is this cool light hovering in the dark. Anyway, going back to my question, does anyone know if we can program our DRL light to stay on even when the headlights are ON?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Okay so anybody comparing the new Macan tail lights to Kia/Lincoln/Dodge are truly lacking the attention to detail lol!
On that note, every other car without the bar tail light look alike, right?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts