Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Those of you who have air suspension please remember to turn off the "self leveling" feature any time your working under your car or changing a tire. You can refer to your manual for instructions. I posted this many times because I learned my lesson the hard way using the OEM jack to fix a rear tire. I forgot to disable this feature and as a result slightly damaged the rocker panel as the jack completely slipped out of its socket as soon as I started lifting the car. At least I didn't have the chance to take the wheel off or it would have been a costly repair.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Those of you who have air suspension please remember to turn off the "self leveling" feature any time your working under your car or changing a tire. You can refer to your manual for instructions. I posted this many times because I learned my lesson the hard way using the OEM jack to fix a rear tire. I forgot to disable this feature and as a result slightly damaged the rocker panel as the jack completely slipped out of its socket as soon as I started lifting the car. At least I didn't have the chance to take the wheel off or it would have been a costly repair.
The first time I rotated the tires in my '12 Jeep with adjustable air suspension I set it at the highest setting (2.5" over normal height), set four jack stands, the re-set the suspension at the lowest suspension (1" below normal height). It would have been great if it raised the tires off the ground but as soon at it sensed the obstruction it stopped lowering itself.

·
Registered
'17 Macan Turbo
4 Posts
I think the rectangles are really only needed for alignment purposes. They are used with the emergency jack to hold it in place, but doesn't seem necessary when you have a floor jack. The reason I say this is because I was at the shop getting a brake flush I asked the tech if he uses special pads to lift the Macan and he said no, as long as the jack pad is flat against the jack points it will work. So I just bought 4 hockey pucks.
I assumed the same. But the (bizarre) Porsche jack supports the vehicle weight only within the socket. And a member here broke the plastic trim around the socket and did some damage to his car. My dealership also lifts directly on the trim. But that's a 4-post lift that keeps the pressure even. So I'm buying/making an adapter with a rectangular section high/thick enough to support the weight within the socket.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I assumed the same. But the (bizarre) Porsche jack supports the vehicle weight only within the socket. And a member here broke the plastic trim around the socket and did some damage to his car. My dealership also lifts directly on the trim. But that's a 4-post lift that keeps the pressure even. So I'm buying/making an adapter with a rectangular section high/thick enough to support the weight within the socket.
I used 3/4” plywood, and made it so that the block fits both the Macan and SWIMBO’s BMW.

·
Registered
21 Posts
FWIW, I didn't buy the BMW one. Instead, I bought the mercedes one. Reason is the height of the square support. BMW seems to be < 1". Macan seems to be 1" and mercedes (see below) is also 1" albeit narrower. If too short, it beats the purpose as the weight will rest on the rocking panel. Should arrive this Friday and report back if one is interested in knowing.

Mercedes (1.02" height)

BMW (0.47" height)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Received the potauto (red one above). Found that the length was too short (expected) and the height was too high (approx. 1/4" too high). Didn't have any problem lifting the car with it though (stable). But if you want something that snugs perfectly, you may want to look for one w/ ~0.75" high. For me, I'll stick with the pot auto.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts