Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
rennwagen -- Thanks

I bought one of these (Maxspeed part PCJP) for jacking up each corner to change to winter wheels. It fits into Porsche's rectangular jack point PERFECTLY and I wish I had gotten it years ago. ....
rennwagen:

Thanks for the name of the manufacturer and part number the jack pad, Maxspeed part PCJP, and for taking the time to later post the images of that pad. Appreicated. Mac18

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Tempting if I could only reset the oil change nag screen on my MY2016.

For those who bought this, does the 16" (maximum?) height give you plenty of room underneath, while laying on a creeper, to easily remove all those clips from the protective cover & then access the oil filter?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I purchased both the Maxspeed PCJP jack pad and the eBay generic BMW-style jack pad. The Maxspeed PCJP is beautifully machined from aluminum and is quite a bit larger than the BMW-style rubber one. The rubber one I found is solid rubber and seems heavy duty, especially for the price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-45-Jacking-Tool-Trolley-Jack-Pad-Adapter-Rubber-For-BMW-E81-E82-E87-F22-F23/311976697253

While the BMW-style fits in the Macan jack slot, it is quite a bit shorter than the slot, and much smaller in diameter. See photo below:

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Macan S
32 Posts
Rosen,

If your design works after testing, please give us the dimensions of each component.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rosen,

If your design works after testing, please give us the dimensions of each component.
The front left corner of the car was jacked up on the block, and no damage to the block or the car.

The main block is 5 7/8" x 3" x 7/8" scrap TREX. The center block was cut on a band saw, and is used to locate the main block on the jack point. The measurements are 1 1/8" x 2 15/16" x 1/2". The two pieces are attached with Kreg 1" coarse thread screws, countersunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am about to put my winter tires on, went to order the Maxspeed jack pads, but they are out of stock
So I took Rosen's measurements and made a set out of left over scrap I had lying around

will see how they fit soon

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Macan S
32 Posts
Rosen, A little late, but thanks for posting the dimensions of the jacking blocks. Making a set tomorrow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I made a upgraded set of Jack pads
Since I needed a low profile jack for my other car, the other ones I made were a little to short, had to jack the jack up all the way to get the tires off the ground. So I bought two sheets of HDPE from Granger one was 1 inch the other 1/2 inch. So the new ones are 1/2 inch taller, so I don't have to raise the jack up to it's tallest position

Total cost was $30 for 6 jack pads

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
I made a upgraded set of Jack pads
Since I needed a low profile jack for my other car, the other ones I made were a little to short, had to jack the jack up all the way to get the tires off the ground. So I bought two sheets of HDPE from Granger one was 1 inch the other 1/2 inch. So the new ones are 1/2 inch taller, so I don't have to raise the jack up to it's tallest position

Total cost was $30 for 6 jack pads
Looks like hockey pucks and Trex would work?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the rectangles are really only needed for alignment purposes. They are used with the emergency jack to hold it in place, but doesn't seem necessary when you have a floor jack. The reason I say this is because I was at the shop getting a brake flush I asked the tech if he uses special pads to lift the Macan and he said no, as long as the jack pad is flat against the jack points it will work. So I just bought 4 hockey pucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the rectangles are really only needed for alignment purposes. They are used with the emergency jack to hold it in place, but doesn't seem necessary when you have a floor jack. The reason I say this is because I was at the shop getting a brake flush I asked the tech if he uses special pads to lift the Macan and he said no, as long as the jack pad is flat against the jack points it will work. So I just bought 4 hockey pucks.
I’ve been using hockey pucks to jack my PORSCHES for years. Have not used it on my Macan yet, but don’t know why it would be different....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I bought one of these (Maxspeed part PCJP) for jacking up each corner to change to winter wheels. It fits into Porsche's rectangular jack point PERFECTLY and I wish I had gotten it years ago. I’ll try to take a photo but it works great, no issues.
Just looked on their web site and don’t see them. Searched “PCJP” and nothing there either. I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Do you recall the cost?

UPDATE: Called Maxspeed Motorsports. They do still have it but it is under Porsche Cayenne Parts/Porsche Cayenne Service Tools/ Porsche Cayenne 958 2011+ / Macan 2014+ Aluminum Jack Pad JackPad. Same part number "PCJP". $34.95 for 1.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just ordered two of the Rennstand jacks, Macan pads and carry bag. Shipping was $48 (gulp), so I checked Amazon. They are sold there but at no savings. But I found a promo code DELTA10 and it worked. Then I tried DELTA15 and that worked. Next I tried DELTA20 and that worked. So saved 20%, more than the shipping cost.

I also tried DELTA25 but no cigar. >:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just ordered two of the Rennstand jacks, Macan pads and carry bag. Shipping was $48 (gulp), so I checked Amazon. They are sold there but at no savings. But I found a promo code DELTA10 and it worked. Then I tried DELTA15 and that worked. Next I tried DELTA20 and that worked. So saved 20%, more than the shipping cost.

I also tried DELTA25 but no cigar. >:D
Agh! I just ordered one about an hour ago, and shipping was $ 20, but I didn't get a 20% discount, :crying::crying::crying:

Reactions: Yadkin
41 - 60 of 65 Posts