Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Just received this information from Rennstand:

We should have the full specs available within the next few days, but I can share this with you at the moment:

1. The stands will be constructed of steel, and completely built here in the USA by Bogert craftsmen.

2. The new maximum height setting is increased to 18” (that is measured without the jack pad in place, which would raise the max height even further than 18”). A higher max height was requested by many on the RennList forums, which we took to heart and got to work on.

3. The diameter of the pins was increased from 1/4” to 3/8” to put to rest the concerns some had expressed on the forums in regards to the narrower pins not appearing to be strong enough.

4. The stands will be rated to 2 tons/pair. In addition, a larger version for bigger vehicles, and an adapter that works with bottle jacks, will be available in the future to meet those needs.

5. The price for the 2-ton version is expected to be $139 per stand ($278 per pair). This may be more than some of you had hoped, but in exchange you will be receiving a useful, well designed and well-crafted product, built in the USA by a highly reputable manufacturer, and built to last!

6. The first RennStand is expected to be available for shipping within the next two to three weeks.
These are great - I bought two.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I emailed Safe Jack about 2 weeks ago, and they should have Macan adaptor pads for the Rennstand available shortly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've used Jackpoint Jackstands before, they are very sturdy and built well without any wobble. It's not recommended to jack up any P-car in a location besides the specified jack point on the car! Not worth damaging your car or worse, yourself!!

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Safe Jack

I emailed Safe Jack about 2 weeks ago, and they should have Macan adaptor pads for the Rennstand available shortly.
I ordered 2 of these yesterday. I saw a review from @NC TRACKRAT on Safe Jacks web site and he uses them on his Macan. They look like a good product an the review stated the pinch adapter fit inside his jack points on the Macan. FYI ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
notmac1, while I didn't have a problem, another user had his jack pads crack because of the tight fit. According to another post, I learned that SafeJack is fabbing specific jacking pad adapters that will fit the Macan jack pads.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Sent PM

notmac1, while I didn't have a problem, another user had his jack pads crack because of the tight fit. According to another post, I learned that SafeJack is fabbing specific jacking pad adapters that will fit the Macan jack pads.
Thank you for the information. Sent a PM to get your thoughts on whether or not to cancel the order?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They look like a good product an the review stated the pinch adapter fit inside his jack points on the Macan.

Yeah, that pinch adapter will fit inside the jack points. In fact, that pinch adapter fits so nicely that you'd be fooled into thinking that it was made for those Macan jack points. But the adapter doesn't bottom out in the jack point. The adapter doesn't reach all the way up and push on the bottom of the adapter. The adapter's welded shoulders push on the walls of the jack point and then blow them out when you jack up the vehicle and the jack takes the weight.

I blew out 3 of them and the rocker panel before I figured out what was going on. Cost me a little over $400 to repair.

The Renn stand adapter is for pinch welds only.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I use a specific rubber block that locks into the rectangular slot on the macan, then I use a good old Hockey Puck and put it up on my lift.

I also have a Corvette specific jacking puck, it has a eyelet that allows the puck to lock into my Corvette aluminum frames.

This product is better suited for floor jacks :

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Corvette-Jacking-Puck-Fits-Corvettes/dp/B00F947F78[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Correct Macan adapter

They look like a good product an the review stated the pinch adapter fit inside his jack points on the Macan.

Yeah, that pinch adapter will fit inside the jack points. In fact, that pinch adapter fits so nicely that you'd be fooled into thinking that it was made for those Macan jack points. But the adapter doesn't bottom out in the jack point. The adapter doesn't reach all the way up and push on the bottom of the adapter. The adapter's welded shoulders push on the walls of the jack point and then blow them out when you jack up the vehicle and the jack takes the weight.

I blew out 3 of them and the rocker panel before I figured out what was going on. Cost me a little over $400 to repair.

Spoke with Safe Jack today. The lift point is the square block and the pinch weld adapter welds puts pressure on the block and can crack it as the welds are on the outside of the pinch bracket spreading out the Macan jack point. They are in the process of making an exact fit for the Macan that uses the correct pressure point. I left my order stand and they will ship it with the correct adapter. Spoke with Patty at Safe Jack this correct adapter should be available within 1 week. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spoke with Safe Jack today. The lift point is the square block and the pinch weld adapter welds puts pressure on the block and can crack it as the welds are on the outside of the pinch bracket spreading out the Macan jack point. They are in the process of making an exact fit for the Macan that uses the correct pressure point. I left my order stand and they will ship it with the correct adapter. Spoke with Patty at Safe Jack this correct adapter should be available within 1 week. :)
Yup. That's exactly what happened.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do people that use these use 4 four to lift the car evenly? Or one or a pair to lift one end up to do routine maintenance?

Amanda from Safe Jack Sales replied to me and said, "We are making a pad for the Porsche Macan, and it should be loaded to our website / available for purchase by the beginning of next week."

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is there any concensus/first hand experience with a jack pad that will fit well in the Macan jack point? I see one on Ebay that says it'll work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Cayenne-958-2011-Macan-2014-Aluminum-Jack-Pad-Jackpad-set-of-4-/332341567533

There seem to be some BMW/Mini ones that *might* work, but may be a bit small or more importantly not deep enough?
I bought one of these (Maxspeed part PCJP) for jacking up each corner to change to winter wheels. It fits into Porsche's rectangular jack point PERFECTLY and I wish I had gotten it years ago.

I'll try to take a photo but it works great, no issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought one of these (Maxspeed part PCJP) for jacking up each corner to change to winter wheels. It fits into Porsche's rectangular jack point PERFECTLY and I wish I had gotten it years ago.

I'll try to take a photo but it works great, no issues.
Thanks. Good to know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought this set of pads made for BMW and they have worked perfectly. If I recall they were on EBay for around $20 last year.

That’s a lot more palatable than $100+ for 4. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ordered the same Maxspeed jack pad for the Macan for seasonal wheel change-over...it IS extremely well made and fits perfect... Don't skimp on lifting the car of all things!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Do you happen to have part numbers for the jack pads you cracked? I made this mistake yesterday on my front driver's side jack pad (completely cracked one side).

EDIT: Found it. 95B 802 845 A (driver front)

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/pet/porsche/95b/544u/810100/ if any one else makes this mistake and stumbles upon this post, haha.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts