These are great - I bought two.Just received this information from Rennstand:
We should have the full specs available within the next few days, but I can share this with you at the moment:
1. The stands will be constructed of steel, and completely built here in the USA by Bogert craftsmen.
2. The new maximum height setting is increased to 18” (that is measured without the jack pad in place, which would raise the max height even further than 18”). A higher max height was requested by many on the RennList forums, which we took to heart and got to work on.
3. The diameter of the pins was increased from 1/4” to 3/8” to put to rest the concerns some had expressed on the forums in regards to the narrower pins not appearing to be strong enough.
4. The stands will be rated to 2 tons/pair. In addition, a larger version for bigger vehicles, and an adapter that works with bottle jacks, will be available in the future to meet those needs.
5. The price for the 2-ton version is expected to be $139 per stand ($278 per pair). This may be more than some of you had hoped, but in exchange you will be receiving a useful, well designed and well-crafted product, built in the USA by a highly reputable manufacturer, and built to last!
6. The first RennStand is expected to be available for shipping within the next two to three weeks.