Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the E90 BMWs, with no central jacking point, the trick is to jack up the whole side (say from the rear jackpoint) , then place the jackstand at the front jackpoint. Next, go to the other side and repeat the process. It's a little weird since the car will be on the right front jackstand and teetering on the hydraulic jack at the left rear - diagonally opposite. You just
place the second jackstand under the left front jackpoint.

Has anyone done this with their Macan?

The problem with these newer cars is the place where you must jack is the same as where you must place the jackstand. Not too convenient!

Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually E90s (at least the M3) had a nice spot Just forward of the front axle location. In the rear you could use the rear dif heat exchanger, but not really recommended. Don't have my Macan yet so I cant help here.

But I am interested in this answer as well for when I install my lowering links!

D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I haven't tried it on the Macan but suspect that it's not doable. It's much heavier and taller with the front engine. I have done this many times on my 911, but I put four jackstands at all four corners and only jack twice

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I've actually used a floor Jack along with a piece of 4x6 lumber running across the car. For the front I place the 2' long 4x6 in line with the lower a arms for support across the car. The rear can be jacked up like normal using the third member directly. I have done this several times when rotating tires left to right as my all seasons are none directional.

Works great saves time.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well... thanks!

I really thought someone would have known how or where to place the jack so that once in the air, one could deploy a jackstand under the factory jacking point.

It looks to me as though where the control arm attaches to the unibody would be a likely place to jack the Macan up - then put a jackstand under the
factory jacking point.

I believe some other forum member indicated a place in the center (behind the engine - a crossmember?) where the MAcan could be jacked up.

Surely the forum DIYers are not limited only to those people who have (expensive) hydraulic lifts installed in their garages?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
well... thanks!

I really thought someone would have known how or where to place the jack so that once in the air, one could deploy a jackstand under the factory jacking point.

It looks to me as though where the control arm attaches to the unibody would be a likely place to jack the Macan up - then put a jackstand under the
factory jacking point.

I believe some other forum member indicated a place in the center (behind the engine - a crossmember?) where the MAcan could be jacked up.

Surely the forum DIYers are not limited only to those people who have (expensive) hydraulic lifts installed in their garages?
Unfortunately, from my experience with this forum there are very few DIYers, so those of us who are need to share info.

I haven't jacked up my car yet; I bought ramps in order to perform oil changes. But I know the day is coming. i bought a jack pad adapter, so my strategy for Brake pad/rotor/fluid changes is to do a wheel at a time, using the jack stand (somewhere) as a safety measure. If I gave to get 2 wheels off the ground . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
factory jacking point.
My brother-in-law did the opposite when he dipped my wheels a few months back. He jacked up the Macan at the jacking points and then placed the jack stands under the control arms.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
My brother-in-law did the opposite when he dipped my wheels a few months back. He jacked up the Macan at the jacking points and then placed the jack stands under the control arms.
^+1. That's how most people do it - at least that's how I always do

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Any photos? Is there any authoritative source that says it is safe to lift the Macan @ the control arms, either with FJ or hold it up with jack stands?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
^+1. That's how most people do it - at least that's how I always do
I can probably figure it out, but does anyone have a photo of exactly where to place the jack stand? Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was under my Macan the other day, and there appeared to me to be secondary jacking points on both sides front and rear, hidden under approx. 4" flexible black rubber flaps, in close proximity to the visible jacking points. Pull down on the flap and yee shall see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can probably figure it out, but does anyone have a photo of exactly where to place the jack stand? Thanks!
I didn't take any photos of when my Macan was on jack stands, but the manual does show the jacking points. But I also want to note, he placed the jack stands only towards the rear (not on all fours).

I wouldn't recommend jacking up the Macan at the control arms, and from my understanding (but I could be wrong), the standard jack that comes with the Macan wouldn't fit nicely to jack at those points anyhow?

I know some of the older Cayennes have two jacking points, but didn't see this for the Macan (referring to the manual).

Page 139 | 2017 Macan Manual | Porsche iManuals

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just received this information from Rennstand:

We should have the full specs available within the next few days, but I can share this with you at the moment:

1. The stands will be constructed of steel, and completely built here in the USA by Bogert craftsmen.

2. The new maximum height setting is increased to 18” (that is measured without the jack pad in place, which would raise the max height even further than 18”). A higher max height was requested by many on the RennList forums, which we took to heart and got to work on.

3. The diameter of the pins was increased from 1/4” to 3/8” to put to rest the concerns some had expressed on the forums in regards to the narrower pins not appearing to be strong enough.

4. The stands will be rated to 2 tons/pair. In addition, a larger version for bigger vehicles, and an adapter that works with bottle jacks, will be available in the future to meet those needs.

5. The price for the 2-ton version is expected to be $139 per stand ($278 per pair). This may be more than some of you had hoped, but in exchange you will be receiving a useful, well designed and well-crafted product, built in the USA by a highly reputable manufacturer, and built to last!

6. The first RennStand is expected to be available for shipping within the next two to three weeks.

RennStand - The Ultimate Jack Stand - Home

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Has anyone purchased/used these to change oil & filter on their Macan yet? Is 18+" high enough to work comfortably under the Macan?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts