Porsche Macan Forum banner

How much is my car worth?

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  bmw_e30 
#1 ·

i just got my 2022 macan gts for less than 8 months. It’s only 4500 miles. I was hit while the car is parked on the street. I’m debating to fix it and keep it or just sell it as is. Can someone help me find a fair price since kbb cannot determined my car price.
The car come with all options

See less See more
#29 ·
I would bring the car to the dealer before you fix it and ask what a repaired value vs not repaired value would be. Reason why is because the dealer may not want adding in the car fax. A lot of times dealers will fix stuff like that at their own body shop. I actually had some bad damage on my cayenne front door and dealer asked if I reported it yet to insurance. They wanted to fix it unreported and send it off to auction with a clear car fax.

#3 ·
I traded in a damaged car the day after it was rear ended . Had it been perfect the trade number would have been 68K . Dealership gave me 62 and held the car for three days for my insurance adjuster . He wrote them a check for 3500 which they gave to me as it was worked into the deal where I bought a car off the lot . BTW .. at that time had they repaired it they could have sold it in the high 70's . They didn't . They sent it right to auction and told me thety wont keep any blemished car to sell.

In your case .. go to car fax . Run the Vin and a number will spit out (wholesale ) , Then substract about 6K from it. Thats what its worth to a dealership . I would not want the car but I found the way I dealt with mine was not only convenient . it was so liberating . Drive in with a crashed one and out with a new one , Its an instant reversal .

#18 ·
I traded in a damaged car the day after it was rear ended . Had it been perfect the trade number would have been 68K . Dealership gave me 62 and held the car for three days for my insurance adjuster . He wrote them a check for 3500 which they gave to me as it was worked into the deal where I bought a car off the lot . BTW .. at that time had they repaired it they could have sold it in the high 70's . They didn't . They sent it right to auction and told me thety wont keep any blemished car to sell.

In your case .. go to car fax . Run the Vin and a number will spit out (wholesale ) , Then substract about 6K from it. Thats what its worth to a dealership . I would not want the car but I found the way I dealt with mine was not only convenient . it was so liberating . Drive in with a crashed one and out with a new one , Its an instant reversal .
I’ll check with carfax to get a good market value for the car. Thanks

#4 ·
I was hit by someone not paying attention and on her ^}#^* cell phone! She was driving a brand new car. The before and after pics:

#5 ·
They removed the rear bumper to avoid overspray. New skins on both passenger doors. All done by the most recommended Porsche body shop in Houston.

Reactions: Kna and reguy
#8 ·
Why on earth wouldn’t you haven’t fixed and keep it? That’s relatively minor damage that can be repaired to a very high degree; unless you were looking to dump the car anyway. Years from now when you go to sell the car, the fact of that accident on your carfax will be a lot less relevant than it is now.

#10 ·
First of all, there's really no such thing as a Porsche "with all options". It's pretty much impossible. Just from the exterior, I can see it doesn't have roof rails so yours doesn't have "all options". Just some options matter more than others.

Secondly, while very unfortunate, that damage is very much repairable. As others have said, if you try to sell it now, you will get destroyed on the valuation. The market will tend to accept minor damage like this as time and depreciation catches up but if you try to sell it now, especially as is, no one will want it unless it's extremely cheap because undamaged ones can easily be bought still. Just have it fixed right and drive your car. The reality is that Macans aren't collector's cars. They were engineered and designed to be daily use Porsches meaning they are never going to appreciate in value.

#11 ·
I kindly suggest get your emotion first, I would understand, once you see the damage and thinking to fix process associating with inconvenience and cost, you want to call it off. In fact, it is just body damage, nothing wrong with the frame or electronics, it is financially a lot more sense to fix it with out of your pocket for no record or with insurance and keep it longer before selling. A vehicle hits highest depreciation rate at early 3 years, remain flat until 5 yrs and then hit another curve when warranty expires.

#14 ·
What were your plans for this car b4 the damage? Were you going to keep it for many years of sell in 2 or 4 years?

A Porsche Certified Collision center can fix this relatively minor damage so it looks/drives like it never happened.
But probably at least $5K. Go through your insurance & pay your deductible. It s/b a no faullt accident that will not raise your rates..especially if you filed a police report.

I had a driver side swipe my Macan earlier this year while it was parked & I was away.

Damage:

Repaired:

#16 ·
My original plan was keep it as long as it drive. Might pass to my brother later in like 5-6 years. I didn’t have any intention to sell this car at all. Cause I spend at least 8 months totally to wait for this car from building, finding dealership with a reasonable mark up. I live in CA btw.
the picture does not show it all. The driver door is totally bend inward.

#24 ·
I hope you took it to a Porsche Approved Collision Center for the estimate.

Keep in mind, this will be a preliminary estimate, pending them keeping the car & disassembling it.

So, you know the uninsured driver who damaged the car?
I assume your insurance company has already contracted this driver for their statement & later subrogation.
Even though you will pay your deductible ($500?) your insurance company will not count this accident against you since they know the at fault driver is NOT you.

If you sell/trade it now "as is" you will lose much more $ than if you wait till it is repaired & then decide to sell/trade.
Your insurance should provide you with a loaner car during the repair.

No need to decide now whether to keep or get rid of the car.
You can start looking online for lot cars you like & make notes of selling price/options & also start building a MY2024 Macan GTS on the Porsche website.

Then, after your car is repaired & looks fantastic, at a cost of ~$500 to you, you can decide if you want to trade/sell or keep it.

BTW, do you park in the street at that location often? Do you have a garage at home? How is work parking?

Reactions: 95B3.6
#25 ·
2022 GTS with 4500 miles ....

I'd say $10K less than sticker, plus deducting reseller profit of say $5K to $10K. Then deduct the door damage if you sell it.

Door about $5K to $7500, unless Porsche sells door skins, where they unweld the door skin and weld a new one on and paint it, then reinstall the door. You might have to get new door trim. It's a lot of work to take that door off, and remove everything inside it, and put it all back together.

Fix it and keep it, not a good time to sell right now, especially if you got a good loan rate of around 3%, even 4%, which is worth sitting on the car for 2 to 3 more years at least. It has high resell potential as well, with the colors and wheels. The car is going to depreciate anyways, so why give that up now, and leave money on the table.

Don't count on KBB to set the price or value for you. It's just a computer model, sort of tweaked to reflect current market conditions. Right now, there probably isn't enough sales transactions for the computer model to make it's calculation, so it didn't dare give you a value.

#26 ·
The repairs for mine (pics shown earlier) was over $11k. Certified Porsche body shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.