Porsche Macan Forum banner

401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my case it might have been the 45 miles it took to drive across the street to have the PPF put on it.
That would make sense to take it out for adding paint protection film. But I personally would get scared if I see above 40-50-60 miles on my brand new Porsche, that supposed be in transit only. For example there are dealership employees, who take brand new cars out to make a video for YouTube. They would not care if they floor the gas pedal or not. As I know, Porsche recommends to not flooring for at least 1,600 miles. I might be wrong, but I really would be unhappy to see if someone done that to my brand new Porsche.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I have not received my Macan S yet, because of the coronavirus situation. But I have a question. Why some brand new cars have too much mileage on them, when they are delivered to you?
Ask your Salesman & let him know you will be noting the delivery mileage. Just the question will hopefully keep anyone at the dealer from joy riding.

Reactions: cdarwinj

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That would make sense to take it out for adding paint protection film. But I personally would get scared if I see above 40-50-60 miles on my brand new Porsche, that supposed be in transit only. For example there are dealership employees, who take brand new cars out to make a video for YouTube. They would not care if they floor the gas pedal or not. As I know, Porsche recommends to not flooring for at least 1,600 miles. I might be wrong, but I really would be unhappy to see if someone done that to my brand new Porsche.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Whatever they did in those 45 miles must have set the rings as the car has not used any oil between oil changes.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
80 Posts
Had 38 km on delivery. Got a Porsche cup, hat and key ring. Whoopee!
Getting PPF today then need to get Apple Carplay working as the Porsche Pro couldn't get it working yesterday. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I haven’t updated the metrics in..... quite some time. I may see if I can dig out my old spreadsheet. Had a major Mac meltdown recently so I’m not sure I saved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many miles on your car at delivery? This will help give owners a idea of what's normal and what's not when they take delivery!

As of 1/29/15:

Number of Deliveries: 121

Min: 1.25

Average: 17.5

Max: 57

Histogram of miles as of 1/29/15

I think mine had 11 miles when it arrived.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Macan S this week off the lot. My sales guy had to pick up the car from another dealership and bring it to the shop for clear bra and ceramic coating. It had 52 miles when I picked it up...

401 - 411 of 411 Posts