Porsche Macan Forum banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
How many miles at delivery? That depends. 18 miles when I picked up my wife's car from the dealer and about 250 when I delivered it to my wife.
And you only live 10 miles away from that dealership right??

I had 58 on mine, but mine was purchased off the lot.

Reactions: reguy

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Even when i did ED for my Macan S it had 17 miles on it. At least i know it was miles put on my company employees. Not something like 20+ miles put on by test drivers (like me) beating up the car. Yes, i floor and slam the brakes multiple times on cars i test drive.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It was new when I found her on the web. I purchased my Turbo sight unseen from Byers Imports in Clumbus Ohio. I live south of Houston.... From the pics, it had 13 miles on it. When it was delivered to me two weeks later (in an enclosed trailer) it had 23 miles on it.

My immediate response was attmpting to imitate Donald Duck throwing a fit. I thought was "who was driving MY Porsche and how did they drive it? Did they hurt my baby? Forget about the first 13 miles. I wanted revenge because it had an additional 10 miles on it!!! I got over it as it was being backed out of the trailer. Oh that sound......

Last month was one year of ownership. It has been trouble-free* for this entire time. I've also managed to put about 20,000 miles on it too. I like driving it.

*- I ate through my first set of tires by finding out it was out of alignment from the factory. Badly. It was enough to kill a set of Conti 6's in less than 10,000. For this last 10,000 miles, I had a first-class alignment done and installed a set of Goodyear Asymmetric tires. They show very little tire wear so far. Other than that, nothing. However I noticed some moisture on the TC shaft(?). I will be doing an oil/filter change next weekend. I wiped it down last time I was in there (I change the oil/filter every 5K miles). I'll be able to better judge whether there is an issue or not.

·
Registered
375 Posts
According to the paperwork: 4 miles. We'll see when it gets to Fairbanks...

siberian

·
Registered
165 Posts
Custom ordered a 2020 Macan for myself and a 2020 Cayenne for my wife that ended up coming together on the same boat and arrived the same day at the dealership. I picked them both up on Monday and my Macan had 5 miles on it and the Cayenne had 9 miles on it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
OK so I'm told 4 miles and when the SA sends me some pics, what do I see??? 20 miles on the odometer. I'm told that initially (whatever that means) all vehicles arrive with about 4 miles. Then transfer to dealer, tire mounting (where TPMS must drive a ways to "learn" - heck my 12 year old Touareg don't need to learn; it KNOWS), anyways, 20 miles are on the clock and hope no more by the time I fly in tomorrow and pick it up.

siberian

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Someone had a test drive.
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not received my Macan S yet, because of the coronavirus situation. But I have a question. Why some brand new cars have too much mileage on them, when they are delivered to you?

381 - 400 of 431 Posts