Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have. When I tested it. And when I clean, remove children's and their friend's stuff etc. My parents in law did too.
1m80 / 5ft11, and I can seat behind myself, with not much extra leg room.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yep, starting with my wife's test driving a Base and then an S, back in 2017. An SA was riding shotgun, and I was in the back.

Since then, on some trips (up to about an hour and a half), I've ridden in back sometimes when my wife's daughter is riding shotgun. And nope, I don't play around with the rearseat controls or ports.

I'm 5'9", and not what you'd call svelte. I find that the back is tolerable, but not stretch-out-able (unless I turn sort of sideways).

Hey, it's a compact SUV, and the bigger it would get, the less sporty it would become. A reasonable trade-off for those not usually requiring a lot of backseat room.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have, when I needed a break on a long trip. I am over six feet and so is my son, but my wife is short, so I sit behind her. It was very comfortable back there, but one of the things that I noticed when evaluating the car before I bought it, was the lack of headroom in the rear seats if you get the sunroof. You lose over 2inches of headroom in the rear, which makes it very uncomfortable if you are tall. So I did not get the sunroof, and as long as the front seat passengers are not very tall, it is very nice back there.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Nope, have not sat in the back seat, haven't even sat in the front passenger seat, other than cleaning. My wife doesn't want to drive my Macan.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would also point out as has been discussed before if you rarely or never use your backseat, folding it down will dramatically improve the Bose or Burmester sound system if so equipped.
I’m not sure anybody has been in my back seat. I’m going to try this.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I never sat in my back seat as a passenger, although I did ride in the front seat the few times the Spousal Unit drove my Macan. Probably sat in the back seat while it was parked, just to see what it felt like. The kid sat in the back seat regularly. He liked it. He's 12 now (!), taller than I am, & rides in the front, unless all 3 of us are together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have sat in the back a few times for 30-45 minute stints. It's not too cramped (5'8") but I do find it hard to exit if the passenger seat is too far back - hip issues have reduced my flexibility.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a few times when we do go out as a family, and both kids are up front, and they want to drive the car 😅

My son in 6'3" and my daughter is 6'1" 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
216 Posts
I sat in the back seat for about 10 minutes in the dealership and went through email on my phone. It was tolerable. I also moved the front seat to a position I would have to have it in IF someone was behind me. Then I sat in that. That also was tolerable but I wouldn't want to do that for more than half an hour.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
No. Back seat is for my kids. I am the only one that drives my Macan. BTW, regarding losing over 2inches of headroom in the rear if you have sunroof I would never order a Macan without it. Again, the rear is for my kids and the car is for me to enjoy and I wouldn't as much if I didn't have sunroof.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I sat in the backseat when my wife and I picked up the car from the dealer who went through the operational instructions with my wife in the driver seat and the dealer in the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I would also point out as has been discussed before if you rarely or never use your backseat, folding it down will dramatically improve the Bose or Burmester sound system if so equipped.
Thanks for the tip! Didn't know this

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally, being 6'3" tall I am not comfortable back there so no I don't sit back there. My wife on the other hand is 5'8" so it isn't to bad for her. Since our sons are grown and gone we rarely use it though except to clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have never sat in the back for any amount of time, but my daughter is 6'0" and she says it is fine. Mine has the sunroof and she says the headroom is still fine for her. We are going on a 1,000 mile road trip (one-way) next month, so we will see how it is on a long trip. :oops:

·
Registered
2017 Macan S in Sapphire Blue, 2014 Panamera 4S in Dark Blue Metallic
6 Posts
2017 Macan with 50k miles, 50k wonderfully comfortable miles in the front. Have had passengers and no complaints, even for a 6 hour road trip with a sister in law who's pushing 6'.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As the OP I want to throw in an additional question. When I ordered the car I asked for a ski bag. The idea was to put the center section down between the rear seats and slide the skis in there. Has anybody else ever done this? Would this constrain the back seat use to be impossible? The bag got recalled because of less than German quality but I still have it as new.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts