Porsche Macan Forum banner

How interested are you in a full EV version of the Macan?

• That's my next car!

• I'm very interested. I think electric cars are the future.

• I'm on the fence. I want to see what Porsche comes up with first.

• I'm not sure electric cars are for me, but I'm watching.

• Not interested. I'll drive a gas or diesel vehicle as long as I can.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am not sure why so many here are “uninspired” by a Tesla.....my Model 3 performance is every bit ”inspiring” and I get complemented on it regularly....especially the interior (I have the white interior with carbon fiber trim)....In my opinion...the simplistic interior is what makes the interior awesome......contrast that to the million buttons in our Macan......The Model 3 is blazingly quick...handles great (I also went with aftermarket staggered 20” setup)...has awesome brakes.......And in my opinion is one of the best EV’s on the market....... I’ll take it ANY day over the waaaaaay overpriced Taycan and pocket the 100K for other things.......anyway...If I was going to plunk 140K or more (almost 200K for the Taycan “turbo”) on an EV it would be the Plaid Model S and definitely not the Taycan

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I’m pretty sure that a drive in the Taycan will not leave you feeling uninspired, but I await your collective impressions. Obviously, the Taycan is not on par with the Macan, but it does hint at how Porsche does electric. @Forced Induction you would be a particularly interesting data point. I would love to see what you thought of driving a Taycan and what that could mean for the future of the Macan. The performance is close to being on par with the Model 3 performance so, how would the driving experience feel different to you than your Model 3?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m pretty sure that a drive in the Taycan will not leave you feeling uninspired, but I await your collective impressions. Obviously, the Taycan is not on par with the Macan, but it does hint at how Porsche does electric. @Forced Induction you would be a particularly interesting data point. I would love to see what you thought of driving a Taycan and what that could mean for the future of the Macan. The performance is close to being on par with the Model 3 performance so, how would the driving experience feel different to you than your Model 3?
Yes. I have yet to drive a Taycan.....haven’t had the time or need to get to the dealership...but next time I go I will ask to test one out......Don’t get me wrong....I am not knocking the Taycan at all....I am sure it is a great car......but that being said.....I think the Plaid Model S is going to give it a hard time...especially given the pricepoint.....let alone the Roadster 2.0 .....I am not in the market for another electric sedan/car....but I do have a deposit on the tri-motor Cybertruck.....now that is going to be one bad a$$ ride.......may just trade in the Macan at that time too....haven’t decided yet

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just saw a review of the Polestar 2 which looked very nice. Between that and the E-tron I'm very interested to see what Porsche comes up with.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a feeling that the 4 cylinder will be dropped since the EV is all about efficiency and there is no point to keep to 4 cylinder since it’s also for efficiency.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts