Porsche Macan Forum banner

How interested are you in a full EV version of the Macan?

• That's my next car!

• I'm very interested. I think electric cars are the future.

• I'm on the fence. I want to see what Porsche comes up with first.

• I'm not sure electric cars are for me, but I'm watching.

• Not interested. I'll drive a gas or diesel vehicle as long as I can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsche has said that the next model of vehicle that they will produce as an all-electric vehicle is a new version of the Macan - which may, or may not, be called a Macan. Let me know in the poll how interested you are. They originally said it would arrive as a 2022MY car, but I’m not sure if that’s to still the plan or not. I think we should start seeing some spy photos and stuff in the next six months or so. There was a similar thread about 18 months ago, but so much has changed in past year and a half - like the launch of the Taycan - that I thought we should revisit it with a more nuanced poll to gauge our community's perspective.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'd vote for option 6. Not interested, but I'd try out a different EV if need be. Porsche seems to be pretty far away from a range standpoint that I'd consider acceptable. It's the future, but still MANY years out for the average driver.

BTW, I'd be all over the new Tesla Model S Plaid that's supposedly going to be available late next year, but there's no way I'm paying $140k+ for a vehicle that basically has a 2012 body on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
^ Plaid model won't be available until late 2021, realistically 2022+ or later. If you're in the market for that, may want to test drive Lucid Air and compare. In terms of price, performance, design wise, years ahead of competitions!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Definitely the future for anyone interested in performance or being responsible environmentally.
Range is a big issue for me as I regularly travel 1,200kms each way to see my family and I don't want to have to stop to recharge. However totally sick of turbo lag ruining any sporting pretensions. IMO best solution is diesel hybrid option.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I would be interested in an EV Porsche Macan if it had 400 miles of range, and performed as well or better than an ICE Macan.

I also would feel more secure in buying an EV from an established dealership network opposed to a Tesla "store".

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’ve been surveying, after a colleague purchased an Audi e-Tron, electrics.

Tesla seems to own the appeal but I confess the “Store” thing concerns me.

The Audi lacks lots of the bells and whistles, but the network appeals to me. In addition, it sounds like Audi is headed toward a Taycan variant. The Taycan is appealing but at the better part of $200, 000 . . . For a $120,000 car, it’s currently on the “sucker chum” list.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not interested in any electric car other than a Tesla....already have one and love it...and I have a pre-order for a Cybertruck as well........
I'm the opposite. I'm interested in just about any EV OTHER THAN a Tesla. I have driven them all, and although I like the acceleration the rest of the experience leaves me feeling flat. I am not a fan of their interiors AT ALL. I want to like it, but I just don't. The Taycan...now THAT's how you build an an interior. I quite like the Lucid Air interior too.

Reactions: notmac1

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
@MarkInMd agree 100% regarding Tesla interior. I’d also add the exterior mostly the front view I find particularly unattractive.

·
Registered
291 Posts
^ Plaid model won't be available until late 2021, realistically 2022+ or later. If you're in the market for that, may want to test drive Lucid Air and compare. In terms of price, performance, design wise, years ahead of competitions!
I watched the Lucid Air launch event a couple weeks back and while I like the look of the interior (certainly better than the current Tesla Model S), but the exterior I'm 50/50 on. This is one of those vehicles that I need to see in person first.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Not for me. I preferred real exhaust sounds, especially the NA flat 6. People are already whining about partially fake exhaust sound in Macan and I can't image what will come with the EV.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love the idea of an EV Macan, or even some sort of hybrid. Driving a Tesla Model S currently and I'm looking to trade it for a Macan most likely. The EV idea, power, driving feeling are all great, I'm just fed up with Tesla's build quality and customer service.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm just fed up with Tesla's build quality and customer service.
I have no experience with electric cars and little actual knowledge. A co-worker just got an Audi e-Tron and I'm sensing embers of curiosity . . . one of my first concerns was "if I buy that Tesla in the mall and have a problem . . . where the heck to I go?"

·
Registered
60 Posts
@MarkInMd agree 100% regarding Tesla interior. I’d also add the exterior mostly the front view I find particularly unattractive.
Also agreed on the interior. Riding in a Taycan restored my faith that an electric car doesn’t have to for some reason look utterly bland inside. Actually it also proved to me that it can look sexy on the outside tho there are a few other examples of that too I suppose.

That said, I’m not in any hurry for an electric Macan but am open to the idea.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’m not in any hurry for an electric Macan but am open to the idea.
Precisely my mindset as well . . . I've spent over a half decade enjoying ICE vehicles . . . try to remain free of the grip of the Luddites . . . traditionally an early adopter and find myself becoming . . . . "Volt-Curious".

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love my Macan. I love that the exhaust note has continuously gotten better over to 70,000 miles I've driven it. I hate the turbo lag. It's better with the Cobb tune, but still far from good. The handling, utility and interior appointment are great.
A few weeks ago I stopped by to see my SA at the dealership. We have remained friends over the years si ce I bought my car. We went for a test drive in the Taycan. It was awesome.
Before the Taycan was released I had a number of conversations with my SA about it. He was, similar to some of you, 100% certain that without the Porsche exhaust note he would feel very uninspired and unfulfilled. He doesn't feel that way anymore.
For me, it was more like loving two different kinds of music. The Taycan was so refined and the acceleration was so swift and effortless that it felt like you could just place the car wherever you wanted it.
I have also driven every model of Tesla. While some of them do have great acceleration every one left me feeling uninspired.
So, long story short, I would highly recommend that each of you stop my the dealership and take spin in a Taycan and let that create your frame of reference for the possibilities going forward.

Reactions: Mii and strawberry

·
Registered
380 Posts
it.
I have also driven every model of Tesla. While some of them do have great acceleration every one left me feeling uninspired.
Your opinion is the one that keeps resonating with me. The word “uninspired” keeps haunting me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your opinion is the one that keeps resonating with me. The word “uninspired” keeps haunting me.
+1, that really is a good word to describe driving and being in a Tesla. When I got mine, the new car excitement went away much much faster than with any other car I've bought in the past. I did not expect that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts