Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to automatically keep the radio from playing loudly after my phone is unplugged? Scenario:
  1. Start car - radio comes on from previous drive
  2. Plug in iPhone listen to Spotify / audiobook / etc (via carplay)
  3. Arrive at destination, turn off car
  4. Unplug phone
  5. Radio comes on very loudly until I open my door
Work around: I found that if I manually switch the source to Aux before plugging in my phone it prevents this from happening. Is there any easier way?

Thanks!

-Jason

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you have to turn the volume up after you plugged your phone in? I have noticed that the sound coming through the phone tends to be softer than when coming from the radio. So if you had to turn the volume up, I can see that after unplugging your phone the radio volume would come through really high. This problem may be exacerbated if your phone volume isn’t set to max in the first place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! My USB connected iPhone seems to play at a significantly lower volume than the radio. So I need to turn it up when switching to it - making the radio much louder when it comes back on.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I had a similar scenario at one time, but once I turned up the bluetooth volume of my phone it virtually matched the radio so all was well. I have android but would imagine there would be bluetooth volume on the iphone too. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Must have a 2015 or 16. My 2015 did that, but my 2017 goes silent after unplugging phone. So much better

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
It is a 2018 - purchased in late 2017 though..
weird. Mine doesn’t do that (have Burmester tho). Don’t think type of system would matter though, as last Macan did it and I had Burm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2017 with the same issue. Non-CarPlay, but the radio and phone volumes are very different. What is also strange, is that if I'm running Waze from my phone, the volume on that is generally much louder than what I'm playing from my phone. I've taken to opening up my door to kill the radio before I disconnect my phone.

·
Super Moderator
1,215 Posts
2015 Turbo with the Burmester and I have the LOUD radio vs Spotify music level issue as well. I too stop the
music, open the driver's side door, then disconnect the Lightning cable from my iPhone in order to try and
minimize the issue on the next startup.

The Macan always defaults to the radio no matter whether I already have music playing on the iPhone, connected
to it (the Macan). I always have to select Source, after waiting for the PCM to recognize the phone, and opt for
IPOD - then turn up the volume on either the PCM or steering wheel little wheel.

:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts