Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drive a '13 C63 AMG w Dev Pkg. It's been blowing blue smoke on restarts. After the engine warms up then sits for 15-30 minutes and you restart it.... Watch out mosquitos.

The AMG forum says they all do that. Make a long story short, I wanted to install a Weistec catch can and have the PCV swapped out. Benz wouldn't do it; the catch can was not "OEM". I found TGA (Texas German Autohous) at 3417 Edloe St, Houston, TX 77027. I worked with Matt, the owner. To do it right, I had him remove the intake manifold. Clean everything out. New plugs. New intake gaskets. New PCV and catch can installed. He did a really good job in routing the tubing to not interfere with the dip stick and fabricated a bracket to securely mount the can instead of using the cheap clips from the kit. Threw in a rear diff fluid change. Total was $1,900 out the door. Little-to-no smoke now on restarts and feels like it gained about 30HP.

When the time comes to change out any fluids in my Macan, I'll be taking it there. Filters, oil changes and plugs I can do myself. Here's their website: https://t-g-a.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts