Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
2017 S. I just towed a 9x5 trailer with a motorcycle 2200 miles. From -200 to 8100' above sea level. Several mountain passes. Snow. Chains

Averaged 14.5 mpg.

I tend to get 16-18 daily in traffic and punching it some. On long road trips I have just touched 25mpg for long stretches.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
2017 S. I just towed a 9x5 trailer with a motorcycle 2200 miles. From -200 to 8100' above sea level. Several mountain passes. Snow. Chains

Averaged 14.5 mpg.

I tend to get 16-18 daily in traffic and punching it some. On long road trips I have just touched 25mpg for long stretches.
Sounds like there's an interesting story behind this. How about you start a new thread on your Macan/mo'sickle trip?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum so forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong spot.
We recently purchased a ‘17 Macan GTS, had the full PPI from Pacific German in Laguna Niguel, found the timing cover leak and a hydraulic tensioner leak being repaired by Porsche Irvine next week.
The wierd thing I need some opinions on is our gas mileage.
As of today, we have driven about 1200 miles on the car that already has 29k. Calculating the mileage by hand we are achieving only around 11-12MPG. The car says we’re getting 18mpg but 17 gallons of gas only gets us 200 miles before empty. Driving has been about 80% highway at 80-85 and some fun around town but nothing crazy. In normal mode the whole time as well.
Has anyone else with a GTS or S experienced this type of issue??
I bought my Macan GTS August 2017. It said I was to get 19/23mpg. I do the math every time I fill up and only get 12 to 13 mpg. I never in a million years would have given up my Mercedes G55 that I knew only got 11mpg for this car that gets such terrible gas mileage. I think something is wrong with the car but no one is going to do anything about it. At Park Place in Dallas they just shrug their shoulders and shake their heads.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was really surprised by the low MPG’s you guys were getting, then remember your gallons are smaller than our imperial gallons.

My best summer highway MPG is 35.6, my worst winter city driving (Canadian prairies) MPG is 13.8 in the past 4 years.

Multiply by 0.833 to convert to usMPG. (I don’t do liters per hundred kilometers, so don’t ask!).

·
Registered
28 Posts
'17 Turbo. Mixed city/fwy, mostly in Sport, spirited when appropriate. Hand calculated. Avg over 4800 miles 18-20 MPG

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just measured at fill up today - 15.5 MPG. 30% highway driving, 100% driving in sports plus with manual shifting and smile on my face.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So I figured I would revive this thread. After a year of owning the car, installing the tune, Porsche fixing the timing chain issue and replacing the brakes we are averaging about 14-17mpg in the city and got 23mpg from Orange County to PHX and same on the return.
I feel like it was possibly a dragging brake that was causing the issue but we cannot know for sure. Positive is that the car is putting up normal numbers now per all the responses. I really appreciate the insight from everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
So I figured I would revive this thread. After a year of owning the car, installing the tune, Porsche fixing the timing chain issue and replacing the brakes we are averaging about 14-17mpg in the city and got 23mpg from Orange County to PHX and same on the return.
I feel like it was possibly a dragging brake that was causing the issue but we cannot know for sure. Positive is that the car is putting up normal numbers now per all the responses. I really appreciate the insight from everyone.
Last week's trip to Crystal Mt. and return. Reasonable pace meaning super slow going up and loose going down with a couple of wide open passes on the return just to clear the carbon out with the Cobb AP showing its stuff. 209 miles 17.42 MPG on a Macan @ 2018 with ski box.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts