Porsche Macan Forum banner

Have you been even 140mph or faster in a car, truck or motorcycle.

• YES

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • NO

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I did have the occasion to whip out and pass a car on a 2 lane long stretch of straight highway this weekend and when I looked down at my Speedo I was doing 110 it was quite a surprise because it gets up there really quick0:)

Reactions: WHT TGR

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I did have the occasion to whip out and pass a car on a 2 lane long stretch of straight highway this weekend and when I looked down at my Speedo I was doing 110 it was quite a surprise because it gets up there really quick0:)
Oh yeah ? I was doing 155mph out of my back yard when I was running away from a nest of wasps and I was barefoot . :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
140 MPH at Sebring DE, Macan Turbo. It gets there fast and without complaint.

Doing about 95-100 on a remote highway (Florida, no trees or buildings in the area), I asked my wife who was just looking out the window how fast she through we were going and she said, "75, 80?"

Reactions: GTW4CG

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hit 115mph for a while and it seemed like I was coasting, with lots left. But prairie dogs often cross the road I was on and my speed didn't give them much time to get out of the way.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Gave a ride to my Aunt and Uncle and this just happened to by my highest speed I have driven in the Macan. 167km/hr on a nice straight multi lane road. Now it is not crazy fast, but with the noise level so low my Uncle is now hooked on the Macan.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why do you ask??? Is your car black and white with the "shiny rotating light" option?

Reactions: WHT TGR

·
Registered
203 Posts
You weren't wearing a "speedo" were you?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’ve been up there a quite a few times and it got me wondering. So, I asked a buddy at work and he said nope, but been 155 on a motorcycle. Now, that’s crazy. :oops:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Good one...
Pulled over handcuffed and let go in the US 150 mph on a motorcycle...
190 mph totally legal BMW M6 Competition in Germany....I think it was 195 when the limiter hit :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Believe it or not....the highest speed I EVER went was 120 mph....that was in my old Honda Accord back in college......I have since had/currently have cars that could eat 120 all day long like they were cruising (top speeds over 160 mph) but ironically have never went above 100 in them.....

·
Registered
818 Posts
100 km/h ... I live in Victoria, Australia and the fines are bone crushing !

Column on left is how much you are exceeding the posted limit.
Column on the far right is for how long you lose your right to drive any vehicle !

By less than 10 km/h (6mi)$2071 -
10 km/h - 24 km/h (6 - 15mi)$3303 -
25 km/h - 29 km/h (16 - 18mi)$454 - 3 months
30 km/h - 34 km/h (19 - 21mi)$537 - 3 months
35 km/h - 39 km/h (22 - 24mi)$620 - 6 months
40 km/h - 44 km/h (25 - 27mi)$702 - 6 months
By 45 km/h or more (28mi)$826 - 12 months

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Good one...
Pulled over handcuffed and let go in the US 150 mph on a motorcycle...
190 mph totally legal BMW M6 Competition in Germany....I think it was 195 when the limiter hit :D
Ursula and I held 245 KM per hour for at least a couple of hours heading down to the Giro Moto Scooter Rally in Umbria from our place in Lugano via our rented Ducati ST-4S. They sent us home with a participation trophy. These guys would work all year for this one event to prepare their scooters. I was doing huge speeds and the the bar went down for the passing of a train. Scooter guy pulls up next to me. I say 'what do you have in this thing?' I got the widest grin I have ever seen.

·
Registered
222 Posts
85-90. Can't really drive fast in Norcal.

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
266 Posts
Touched 142 in my S on a long flat straight on highway 93 just south of Wells Nevada. High altitude driving as that road is about 7k feet in elevation. On that highway, for the most part, you can see for miles, very little traffic (We passed two trucks in 3 hours), and flat shoulders. I did not hold her there very long and was soon down to reasonable speed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
140 MPH in a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T with a 375 HP 440 Magum engine. In NE Philly on a recently opened Rt 63 connecting I-95 and Rt 1. Circa 1970-1971. Did not handle like a Porsche.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts