Porsche Macan Forum banner

Have you been even 140mph or faster in a car, truck or motorcycle.

• YES

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • NO

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
264 km/h according to the speedo, on the glorious German Autobahn between Wurzburg and Leipzig on a chilly Sunday morning.

As someone else already said here, no photos due to the fact that I had both hands firmly on the steering wheel and eyes focused on the road with mere glimpses at the speedo.

As you should . Dude, you wuz almost flying :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did ED and after the Porsche recommended breakin of 1000km, I did several attempts and finally did 250kph with my S on Germany's Autobhans. It was very stable with suspension in Sport Mode, but not so much in Sport Plus Mode. Anyone did notice that too?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Did ED and after the Porsche recommended breakin of 1000km, I did several attempts and finally did 250kph with my S on Germany's Autobhans. It was very stable with suspension in Sport Mode, but not so much in Sport Plus Mode. Anyone did notice that too?

Huh? If anything it should be more stable with sports plus. The suspension will be set to stiffest and the car will be lowered if you have Air suspension. Throttle and steering mapping will change as well as the traction control will be lessen.

What were the things you observed when in sports + at high speeds vs sports alone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
273km/h speedometer at polish hihghway between german/polish border and Poznan city. My Turbo was still accelerating but someone was cruising very slow 140km/h at left lane... :)

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
273km/h speedometer at polish hihghway between german/polish border and Poznan city. My Turbo was still accelerating but someone was cruising very slow 140km/h at left lane... :)

Whoa ! And that was in reverse right ? :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
This was at speedo. Real speed I think is at least 5km/h less. In euro techspec max speed for Turbo is 266km/h so why not?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Huh? If anything it should be more stable with sports plus. The suspension will be set to stiffest and the car will be lowered if you have Air suspension. Throttle and steering mapping will change as well as the traction control will be lessen.

What were the things you observed when in sports + at high speeds vs sports alone?
Just saying that past 230kph, with suspension in Sport Plus Mode (2 LED On), the car seems a bit jumpy and less stable on the road. When I switch back to Sport Mode (1 LED on) it was more stable and felt safer. I'm no race driver, but my friend who does lapping felt it too.

I did 6 lap of the Nurburgring and my guess was that Sport Plus mode works best on a track. Just my observation!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just saying that past 230kph, with suspension in Sport Plus Mode (2 LED On), the car seems a bit jumpy and less stable on the road. When I switch back to Sport Mode (1 LED on) it was more stable and felt safer. I'm no race driver, but my friend who does lapping felt it too.

I did 6 lap of the Nurburgring and my guess was that Sport Plus mode works best on a track. Just my observation!
That was indeed an interesting observation.....I would always have thought that sport plus would have provided a firmer and more stable ride...!!!......by the way....I was looking for a similar post but not about top speed but related to 0-60 mph times.....did not find anything in the forum.....I just need 200 miles to get to 4000 miles in the odometer.....getting ready to try the speed launch thing.....!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've hit 145 in my Turbo following two Lambos on their way to the Monterey last month, plenty more grunt to go but backed off as we approached Morro Bay. The car felt very tight and stable in sport plus mode.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well 65 mph as that is what the speed limit is here...oh no my er nose is growing longer...longer...lol.

Reactions: alainp and Enilder

·
Registered
421 Posts
Took it to 130 MPH on a long open stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. It was a touch over 3,000 RPM. The car had plenty more; the driver - not so much.:eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Any speculation on whether the Macan was outgunned by the BMW in this video or was the Macan driver holding back on acceleration. Seems the BMW consistently accelerated more quickly than the Macan. Thx
The M4 guy is my friend and I have been trying to beat him for some time now. Stop light races I will win up to around 70 to 80 miles/h.

If I time it right on the highway I can semi keep up his car is just faster.

The moments where the Macan shifts to the next gear he still pulls away with his extra RPM and gear ratio.

He has the BMW Competition package, if not his car would stop at 250km/h

Honestly, I have so much fun with the Macan, I still see it as a major WIN that my car with it's comfy seats and tow bar can keep up with the best BMW has to offer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
202 kph on straight stretch of three lane deserted highway on slight uphill grade. Could have pushed more but I just wanted to see 200+ for a few seconds. ;)

The big surprise was how stable the ride is at 200. No jumping around or wind buffeting. Rock solid.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts