Porsche Macan Forum banner

Have you been even 140mph or faster in a car, truck or motorcycle.

• YES

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • NO

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have had numerous discussions about mileage, options etc., why don't we have a discussion about the most exciting aspect of Macan- The speed (assuming it wasn't already discussed). Let's consider that all the answers are from track driving only 0:)

1) What was the highest speed recorded on your Macan?
2) Do you think you can better the max speed?

I will start off with 124mph over the last weekend, I might be able to top it but not by much.

PS: This is just for fun, please ignore this post if you don't want to participate and feel that this is immature, inviting trouble or whatever. Please don't start calling me names >:D

Reactions: MDJAK

·
Registered
231 Posts
The guys that did the ED should win this. I did give mine a little run up to 200km (same as 124mph) but that was on private road of course, and I kept it under 4000rpm. There's lot's left but not really usable without ending up in deep poop

Reactions: Lebreeze

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, does it go beyond the 150 mark at all or is it like a hard stop there?

·
Registered
306 Posts
These speeds seem quite low, ironically. I hit 210 kph with an X3 35i on a track without even pushing the car much, you'd think the turbo could hit 260 without much effort with 100 more hp.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hopefully, none of the board's safety-crats see this thread. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I did a few 150mph's/240kph in germany .. the car is incredibly stable and will keep on going but its amazing on how much wind displacement there is at that speed.

As we all know it's all pretty exponential from a certain point and you really feel that the car is really using all the horsies while not having the ideal aerodynamic shape.

The moment you lift your foot of the pedal you see/feel an enormous decrease in speed, you will drop from 150mph to 120mph'ish in less then 2 seconds. For me this shows how much power is needed to get this beast up to speed ..

I would recon that at those speeds every 50HP would only gain another 10 kph or so.

Oh, and you can see your fuel gauge move, the fuel usage explodes.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I posted this some time ago in another thread. 243km/h in a Macan S on the A5 northbound. On the right you can see the speed limit warning, which is set by Porsche to 240km/h for cars with all season tires. Of course, car felt completely stable at this speed, anything else would have been disappointing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here a picture at 124mph .. plenty of RPM remaining
I'm all for spirited driving, but ****, trying to take a PIC with your cell phone WHILE doing those speeds is a lil on the crazy side. Best to have a mounted GoPro if you're gonna do that.

Reactions: K-A

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A friend of mine has the Turbo, and hit 142mph on the track at Lime Rock, Connecticut. He said it was very stable.
I live 75 miles away from Lime Rock, thanks for suggesting an exciting weekend activity ;) will check it out soon.

·
Registered
574 Posts
When I did 150 on the Autobahn I felt that the car was stable however it was a two lane road. A few trucks would dart into the fast lane to overtake other trucks. At that speed everything happens so quickly that I felt stopping or swerving in a 4,200-lb vehicle might be a challenge. On the track of course likely no issues.

It was the first time in my life that I did not want to go any faster, rather be in my Cayman for that!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Scary! Call me a wimp but I've never been much over 100 mph in an SUV. My 997 is another story.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Scary! Call me a wimp but I've never been much over 100 mph in an SUV. My 997 is another story.
With Macan... you do not feel any instability at 100+ mph speeds... It feels planted. That is why it is not your average SUV...

I presume you have not received your Macan yet. If you had you would have realized there is nothing scary with Macan going at 100+ mph ... ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
With Macan... you do not feel any instability at 100+ mph speeds... It feels planted. That is why it is not your average SUV...

I presume you have not received your Macan yet. If you had you would have realized there is nothing scary with Macan going at 100+ mph ... ;)

Agreed, it is eerily quiet and stable at 120 mph +. I need an open clear stretch of a 3 lane road to really test top speed, but don't have much desire to do that.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
I was able to get the Dealer Demo to 85MPH+ in Reverse. Have to say the crystal clear Rear Camera was really helpful in avoiding pedestrians. Leaving AS in the "Loading" setting pointed the camera down for best viewpoint. Whipped her around and shifted into Drive like butter. PASM in Sport+, barely noticed any body roll. 18 way seats held me like a glove. Minor tire squeal on the Summers. I think it was the PTV+ that really helped stabilize the 180 spin. I have to say, LC is really cool going backwards. Takes off like a missle. Only issue was 7MPG in Reverse, I was hoping for better numbers.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
lol!

·
Registered
232 Posts
153 mph on TomTom GPS in Germany on Autobahn stretch with no speed limit with Turbo. Clearly had more speed available and blew by 240 km limit to 250 before slowing down (limit set by Porsche due to all-season tires). Had over 3,000 miles on Turbo at that point.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts