Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S
15 Posts
Just bought a used 2017 S that has intakes. This noise has been bugging me since. It’s odd and sounds like a heat shield or loose bolt.
Yeah it's really odd. Guess i will roll with the windows up and hope for a check engine someday or a more obvious symptoms...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The fact we are all reporting this same sound coming from the left (drivers side, US cars). I’m hoping it’s normal and people usually don’t notice it and only more Pronounced with the intakes.

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S
15 Posts
The fact we are all reporting this same sound coming from the left (drivers side, US cars). I’m hoping it’s normal and people usually don’t notice it and only more Pronounced with the intakes.
It's probably normal because like i wrote in my early reply, my father macan is bone stock and he has the same sound just on a lower tone. The fact that both of us would have the same problem at the same time... I'm sceptical. I will try tonight to put the stock filter on to see for myself. Just didn't had time recently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could it be a cause of the (well known) timing cover bolts breaking and causing this noise possibly? The bolt(s) (broken) loose and rattling possibly. I am going to schedule an appointment with Porsche dealer to check this issue.

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S
15 Posts
Could it be a cause of the (well known) timing cover bolts breaking and causing this noise possibly? The bolt(s) (broken) loose and rattling possibly. I am going to schedule an appointment with Porsche dealer to check this issue.
Maybe but each oil change i make sure to verify for any oil leak to make sure if ever it happen that i caught it as soon as possible. For now everything looks good underneath! Let me know if they find anything after your appointment!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don’t suppose there is an update on this noise?

It’s so high-pitched that I wince when hearing it. Mostly from the driver’s side. I suspect that not everybody hears this frequency loud and clear due to age-related hearing loss. It really kills the windows-down driving experience for me.

Also have owned and driven many turbo cars. Normally they have a turbo whine or air rush sound.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I don’t suppose there is an update on this noise?

It’s so high-pitched that I wince when hearing it. Mostly from the driver’s side. I suspect that not everybody hears this frequency loud and clear due to age-related hearing loss. It really kills the windows-down driving experience for me.

Also have owned and driven many turbo cars. Normally they have a turbo whine or air rush sound.
No update, unfortunately. We have since sold the vehicle (not due to this) and purchased a X3M40i. Funny you comment this as I just had another member send me a PM asking about this. He had a brand new Macan and same noise. I chalk it up to being normal, but I found it quite annoying. I did replace the diverted valves on both sides as I was curious if that was the issue. It didn‘t change at all. I wish I had a solution, but was never able to get a defined answer.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts