Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the turbo to the PCA HPDC at Summit Point Motorsports Park on Saturday. It was the only Macan there and needless to say, it handled superbly. The day was comprised of a morning class lecture on steering, weight change, braking and skid recovery. It was followed by Skid Pad, Slalom, Driver Form and Braking (Threshold, ABS,and Progressive) on the track. The afternoon began with another class lecture on technical driving (speed, vehicle placement, entry-apex-exit) and flag/track course safety. It was followed by 1 hour on the Jefferson Track in groups of about 12 various Porsches.
I'm happy to report that the Macan preformed excellently. I had it in low A/S, Sport, and ran 20 inch Michelin all season Latitudes. On the skid oval, I had all nannies off and it was impossible to get it to spin (probably due to all wheel drive and PTV), even at 50-60 mph. I can't say the same about the 911s, Boxsters and Caymans. High speed breaking was always straight and ABS barely noticeable. It was a monster on the track, fast and nimble. I had two instructors take laps and they were impressed with the acceleration, handling and lack of body roll. It passed the DNA test!
FYI: a day hugging redline and 140 mile round trip to the track averaged 15.4 mph! Not bad!!

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Awesome! Though not as comprehensive as what you did, I drove a Macan with AS on a track as well, amazing capability and a true beast, the suction hugging, and lack of body roll from this suspension is astounding. Impressive that it pulled all that off so well even with All Seasons. Hard to comprehend how this car can do what it does, but Porsche are kind of known magicians. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.