Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New here and in the process of shopping for a Macan. Local dealership here in Colorado told me this morning that Sapphire Blue has been discontinued for the Macan going forward so won't be available on an ordered car.

Has anyone else heard this? I have been in two minds between the Mamba green and the Sapphire blue and somewhat favoring the blue - I guess this will make the choice easier!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hi All,
New here and in the process of shopping for a Macan. Local dealership here in Colorado told me this morning that Sapphire Blue has been discontinued for the Macan going forward so won't be available on an ordered car.

Has anyone else heard this? I have been in two minds between the Mamba green and the Sapphire blue and somewhat favoring the blue - I guess this will make the choice easier!
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, Sapphire Blue's discontinuance has been mentioned a few times. Check out this second page of a thread, for instance:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All,

Yes, Mamba green is soon gone as well so make up your mind soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Our rep at Porsche Bellingham confirmed that the SBM order window is closed. He had to fight to get one last SBM order through last week. A side note is that they had not yet received any 2021/2022 changeover guidelines. Get out your checkbooks folks! PTS is your (expensive) friend!

·
Registered
50 Posts
So Sapphire is canceled. Are Miami and Mamba next?

This is sad, so no more WOW colors.
Miami is already gone and Mamba is slated for good bye in July - or so we were told as we were ordering our turbo. Two independent reps, both with credible backgrounds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Miami is already gone and Mamba is slated for good bye in July - or so we were told as we were ordering our turbo. Two independent reps, both with credible backgrounds.
Whats the reason behind this? Why are they suddenly discontinuing all the special colors?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will Sapphire Blue Metallic still be available at an extra charge, either through a "Custom Color" or "Paint to Sample"? Both are much more expensive, but just wanted to know...

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is no reason to doubt SBM will be available as a PTS - at $11,400. FWIW I just learned that if we wanted a PTS for our new Turbo order delivery would be out about 6 months or more. The PTS windows only occur once or twice per year and with the model year change coming up . . .

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
105 Posts
A bit off topic but I found this interesting when talking about PTS colours.

A dealer near Ottawa Canada now has a new 2021 Macan GTS lot car in PTS non-metallic Mexico Blue. I would imagine that someone backed-out of their factory order so it is now on the lot for the bargain price of $110,631 CDN.

You can get a well optioned Turbo for that price. Mexico Blue is a great colour but I can think of better ways to spend more than $14,000 CDN. Could be hard to sell or possibly, if heavily discounted at a later date, a good buy for someone obsessed with that colour.

Here's a link. Ignore the images as they're displaying Racing Yellow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do we expect there to be new colors for 2022 to replace Miami Blue, Sapphire Blue, and Mamba Green? Seem like quite a few to lose all at once without anything new coming in to replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Wow, this is sad news for these two colors!

Kind of surprised to hear about Mamba going away. It was only an option for a few short years.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I just checked & SBM is on the Macan Turbo Configurator.
+$700 for any of the 8 Metallic choices.

Macan S also has SBM
Same with GTS
Even the base model shows SBM.

So is it typical for the configurator to be > 1 month to of date/incorrect?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts