Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,

Could someone please help me understand what this weird creeking noise is in my 2015 Macan? 2015 Porsche Macan Creek

I've just had it serviced and they independent mechanic said it's def nothing to do with the suspension and he suspects it's coming from inside the cabin.

The only other thing I've done is put felt around the clips that connects the bonnet but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
712 Posts
Had a similar noise in my 2017 and my 2021, albeit yours sounds louder.

If it seems like it is coming from the rear, it may be small bits of grit collecting at the rear suspension mount. I was able to make it go away by blowing compressed air at the top of the suspension mount, inboard and behind the wheel. There is a flat spot there that is great for collecting grit.

Took the 2021 in for this last spring and it has not returned. Not sure what they did, or why they couldn’t fix the issue over the previous 4 years.

Hopefully yours is a similar issue as it’s an easy fix.

· Registered
299 Posts
Hi team,

Could someone please help me understand what this weird creeking noise is in my 2015 Macan? 2015 Porsche Macan Creek

I've just had it serviced and they independent mechanic said it's def nothing to do with the suspension and he suspects it's coming from inside the cabin.

The only other thing I've done is put felt around the clips that connects the bonnet but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
if you think it the bonnet, then there are two black adjustable posts near the A pillars that you will see on each side when you open the bonnet. adjust these higher so the bonnet has less flex - i did this on my 2015 and the creaking went away and never came

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you think it the bonnet, then there are two black adjustable posts near the A pillars that you will see on each side when you open the bonnet. adjust these higher so the bonnet has less flex - i did this on my 2015 and the creaking went away and never came back.
Thank you. Are these soft things? glued down?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a similar noise in my 2017 and my 2021, albeit yours sounds louder.

If it seems like it is coming from the rear, it may be small bits of grit collecting at the rear suspension mount. I was able to make it go away by blowing compressed air at the top of the suspension mount, inboard and behind the wheel. There is a flat spot there that is great for collecting grit.

Took the 2021 in for this last spring and it has not returned. Not sure what they did, or why they couldn’t fix the issue over the previous 4 years.

Hopefully yours is a similar issue as it’s an easy fix.
Unfortunately, the problem persists. I used a high pressure hose and was able to get into the suspension mount in the front, but my rears have a guard that don't allow easy access to the suspension mount so wasn't able to try it there.

I will try @Rjs suggestion next.

· Registered
600 Posts
I've just had it serviced and they independent mechanic said it's def nothing to do with the suspension
Sounds exactly like suspension or suspension mounts to me. Can you ask a passenger to help locate the prob., perhaps by sitting in the back of the car if that's where it seems to be coming from.

Air or spring suspension?

Jules

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no they black rubber i think hexagon and screw/unscrew you raise them, lower them.. they must be bad design because they now changed on newer models

not the best photo but this in general area u will find them
This is the position it's currently. Do you recommend moving it down towards the lights?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

· Premium Member
4,345 Posts
....Could someone please help me understand what this weird creeking noise is in my 2015 Macan?....
Another thing to check would be the door gaskets. There is a fair amount of flex in the body, especially when turning corners. You can try leaving each door ajar at the first latching point, and see if the noise goes away. See the following post, and subsequent threads for more information. Best of luck tracking it down.

Known issues list

Squeaking coming from doors

Door seal weatherstrip noise?

The never ending rattle saga

Reactions: Teddis

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Check the large plastic screw holding the spare wheel in place. The plastic to wheel surface or the nut to screw surfaces are extremely tight and have the ability to very loudly squeak and resonate the floor. A tiny movement might just make a clicking sound.

I did some preventive maintenance with a tiny bit of silicon grease and a good tightening just in case as it seemed like a problem waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts