Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am planning to order a Macan T. It will be my first Porsche so I am excited !:)
I am really stuck on the colour. I cannot decide between gentian blue and night blue metallic. What would look better on it?
Thank you :)

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
I know the color dilemma very well . You have another issue. The Macan T has graphics . You can see it on the mirrors . Its agate gray so it has to match the color as well unless you delete them . Deleting them goes against the purpose of the T . The video in white shows it if you look closely . I don't know how it can go with either color you chose. It does with dolomite. It does with white. Gray is a tough match

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It also goes with chalk but would require a clear tail light . The red light on chalk is hideous .
Of your two choices I would pick night blue .
Thank you for your suggestion ! I used to have a white Q5 so I don’t want another white SUV, but I did think about those gray accents disappear when i get the blue :( it is a tough choice but hopefully I will make up my mind at the end 🤣

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just go with whichever stirs you right away. The dark gray trim pieces are subtle enough that they blend with pretty much any standard color from my perspective. I've had a dark blue metallic car with dark gray wheels which I loved. I've seen Gentian blue Porsches with dark gray wheels which look very good. Have fun with it and don't worry too much about it. The available standard color options all work. It's when you start getting creative with paint to sample colors where pre-selected color pieces may start to clash.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion ! I used to have a white Q5 so I don’t want another white SUV, but I did think about those gray accents disappear when i get the blue :( it is a tough choice but hopefully I will make up my mind at the end 🤣
On YouTube I found a smoking tire review of the Macan T in jet black metallic. It goes well with that and would probably go beautifully with the night blue. Night blue is such a dark shade of blue that it nearly looks black. It’s a beautiful. In contrast the gentle is one of the few colors that I don’t like with black wheels even though I love black wheels. The gray wheel leaves me somewhat confused. Most will tell you on this forum that I have wrestled with color constantly in picking my final choice. I empathize with your frustration and desire to put some closure on this. Enjoy the process. I hear you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just go with whichever stirs you right away. The dark gray trim pieces are subtle enough that they blend with pretty much any standard color from my perspective. I've had a dark blue metallic car with dark gray wheels which I loved. I've seen Gentian blue Porsches with dark gray wheels which look very good. Have fun with it and don't worry too much about it. The available standard color options all work. It's when you start getting creative with paint to sample colors where pre-selected color pieces may start to clash.
For me Gentian looks more fun and unusual. I went to see both in real life today, Gentian was much brighter which I feel like suits my personality a lot. However, night blue metallic is so mysterious 🙈

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On YouTube I found a smoking tire review of the Macan T in jet black metallic. It goes well with that and would probably go beautifully with the night blue. Night blue is such a dark shade of blue that it nearly looks black. It’s a beautiful. In contrast the gentle is one of the few colors that I don’t like with black wheels even though I love black wheels. The gray wheel leaves me somewhat confused. Most will tell you on this forum that I have wrestled with color constantly in picking my final choice. I empathize with your frustration and desire to put some closure on this. Enjoy the process. I hear you.
Thank you for understanding ! I have been going back and forth for weeks now because for me it’s an important part of my daily drive and look. It’s my first Porsche and I want to enjoy it at the fullest 🥰 I really wanted a blue SUV. I’ve never went for brighter colour in my life, have a black CLA right now, and honestly so tired of it .
I want to go all bright Gentian, but a bit unsure if I will get tired of it at the end 😞

·
Registered
2022 Macan
41 Posts
I just bought a Night Blue with the beige interior that I tracked from the dock in Germany, which was my must-have color. I think you boiled it down perfectly. Gentian is a more fun color, lively. I'm also moving out of a white BMW suv, so didn't want another white suv, and I wasn't looking for "fun". I will say that the night blue is actually bluer than I realized when the SA Facetimed with me on the car. Though I have yet to see the car in person! I did see a Cayenne in night blue in person and it is gorgeous.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Thank you for understanding ! I have been going back and forth for weeks now because for me it’s an important part of my daily drive and look. It’s my first Porsche and I want to enjoy it at the fullest 🥰 I really wanted a blue SUV. I’ve never went for brighter colour in my life, have a black CLA right now, and honestly so tired of it .
I want to go all bright Gentian, but a bit unsure if I will get tired of it at the end 😞
I almost bought a night blue Macan and it’s still on my radar as I now have a landed on chalk. The reason being I’ve owned five of them and I’m running out of colors. I the issue I have with Gentian Is that there’s a purple hue to it in certain light. It also doesn’t go well with black wheels and I don’t know how it will go with the gray . It looks dynamite on a convertible 718 or a 911 bud on the Macan it’s a very large vehicle in comparison. I have seen every color on the road here with the exception of gentian and of course python. I I saw Miami blue today with black wheels and I don’t see the car for myself but it is interesting. It just has a little bit too much of a Smurf look to it. There’s an absolutely gorgeous blue on the paint sample list called graphite blue metallic. There is one for member who broke down and bought it but it is $11,000 to buy a paint sample color and it’s a lot of money for paint it. You’re going to have to see the cars in person and decide for yourself because it’s subjective and frustrating and can drive you crazy until the order is locked. Good luck.

·
Registered
993 Posts
For me Gentian looks more fun and unusual. I went to see both in real life today, Gentian was much brighter which I feel like suits my personality a lot. However, night blue metallic is so mysterious 🙈
Gentian is definitely the more fun and eye catching choice. It has hints of purple in it. Night blue really pops and sparkles when in the sun because of all the metallic in it. But in the shade or indoors, it's almost black. I had a night blue metallic car and it was nice and now my Macan is Sapphire which is what was superseded by Gentian. I was ready go with a Night blue Macan until I saw it side by side with Sapphire and I immediately changed my mind. This was 5 years ago and I haven't regretted it once. Night blue is more on the classy side whereas Gentian is on the fun side. I stand by my advice of going your gut.

The whole concern about being tired with it later, don't. I've met a lot of people with a lot of different fun colors that they chose and not once have I heard from any of them that they grew tired of it. The ones who have grown tired of fun colors are ones who never wanted it to begin with but settled on it because of options or convenience of availability. I've had several blue cars and never grew tired of them because of their color. The only color I grew tired of was black and it was on a hand me down car. I was tired of it looking dirty all the time.

Reactions: helga_olga

·
Registered
2022 Macan
738 Posts
Hello! I am planning to order a Macan T. It will be my first Porsche so I am excited !:)
I am really stuck on the colour. I cannot decide between gentian blue and night blue metallic. What would look better on it?
Thank you :)
I am yet to see a Macan T in person but I have a problem with the silver grey body trim. In photos, it does look ok with white and chalk but not so much with other colours. between The two option, I prefer night blue but that’s a personal preference.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
738 Posts
[
It does work in Gentian better than I imagined]
It does in the video, silver and blue can work, just ask the Cowboys ;-) however not sure how it’ll look in the sun. Anyway I’m glad I did not have to deal with this dilemma.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I recently received my '22 GTS in Night Blue. It's stunning in the sunlight; less so in dim/dark lighting. It's my favorite color of the 4 Macan's I've had (see my signature). Do a search on this forum: 'Stunning! And the car ain't bad either!', and you'll see a pic, though not in direct sunlight.
From your comments and self-description though, I'd go with the Gentian. It's definitely a more fun, lively, eye-catching color. I agree with @yrralis1 about going with the clear taillight bar. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just bought a Night Blue with the beige interior that I tracked from the dock in Germany, which was my must-have color. I think you boiled it down perfectly. Gentian is a more fun color, lively. I'm also moving out of a white BMW suv, so didn't want another white suv, and I wasn't looking for "fun". I will say that the night blue is actually bluer than I realized when the SA Facetimed with me on the car. Though I have yet to see the car in person! I did see a Cayenne in night blue in person and it is gorgeous.
I went to Porsche dealership to take a look at nightblue . It was a very gloomy day yesterday though. It looked very dark , almost black with some shade of blue . A very mature colour ! I liked it . But I am still thronging about Gentian blue, I never had a bright car. Probably have to risk it once 🙈
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I almost bought a night blue Macan and it’s still on my radar as I now have a landed on chalk. The reason being I’ve owned five of them and I’m running out of colors. I the issue I have with Gentian Is that there’s a purple hue to it in certain light. It also doesn’t go well with black wheels and I don’t know how it will go with the gray . It looks dynamite on a convertible 718 or a 911 bud on the Macan it’s a very large vehicle in comparison. I have seen every color on the road here with the exception of gentian and of course python. I I saw Miami blue today with black wheels and I don’t see the car for myself but it is interesting. It just has a little bit too much of a Smurf look to it. There’s an absolutely gorgeous blue on the paint sample list called graphite blue metallic. There is one for member who broke down and bought it but it is $11,000 to buy a paint sample color and it’s a lot of money for paint it. You’re going to have to see the cars in person and decide for yourself because it’s subjective and frustrating and can drive you crazy until the order is locked. Good luck.
Gentian blue is a very rare colour for Macan. I’ve only seen one on the road and it immediately caught my attention because it was almost purple. I don’t mind that to be honest ! I love purple , it is one of my favourite colours . I also really like dark blue .. ahh I wish Porsche just had a single blue colour to choose from 🤣

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gentian is definitely the more fun and eye catching choice. It has hints of purple in it. Night blue really pops and sparkles when in the sun because of all the metallic in it. But in the shade or indoors, it's almost black. I had a night blue metallic car and it was nice and now my Macan is Sapphire which is what was superseded by Gentian. I was ready go with a Night blue Macan until I saw it side by side with Sapphire and I immediately changed my mind. This was 5 years ago and I haven't regretted it once. Night blue is more on the classy side whereas Gentian is on the fun side. I stand by my advice of going your gut.

The whole concern about being tired with it later, don't. I've met a lot of people with a lot of different fun colors that they chose and not once have I heard from any of them that they grew tired of it. The ones who have grown tired of fun colors are ones who never wanted it to begin with but settled on it because of options or convenience of availability. I've had several blue cars and never grew tired of them because of their color. The only color I grew tired of was black and it was on a hand me down car. I was tired of it looking dirty all the time.
My heart tells me Gentian blue and it was my first choice to be honest . My dad really liked the night blue metallic , so I was considering it also because this car will be also like a gift for him. He cannot drive sadly due to his health condition, so I will drive him around, and he is super excited. He never owned a Porsche and only dreamt about it his entire life. Yesterday he told me that he wouldn’t mind Gentian as well. He never had a bright car so also just a bit hesitant with the “fun” of it:)
I wanted to ask you, if that’s okay, I see that you have “PTV+” option added to yours . Do you like it ? Does it make a lot of difference driving in bad weather conditions for example ?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts