Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Congrats mate. We've also ordered our first Porsche too. Ours arrives in February. Nice spec on the car. Crayon has grown on me lately.
Thanks Andrew and congratulations on your new purchase too orange looks very cool to me !

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Finally paid my deposit with the follow configuration, very exciting and happy about it. Thank you so much !

PNF45BL7
Just saw this thread. It's good to see Porsche Australia is adding more options as standard for Gen 3. I just thought you may want to consider a few things that may not be very clear on the configurator.

1. The standard leather package does not have leather in certain key places that you are likely to touch like the bottom of the window frames. The extended leather package covers almost everywhere.

2. The Macan GTS logo can come in high gloss at no charge. The sport mirrors and the window surrounds are gloss so you need to think about keeping it all gloss at that level.

3. PDLS+ is very useful for long distance driving after sundown and in Australia it is dynamic (unlike the USA where it just switches on/off). It prevents you from having to dip the high beam manually. If you just drive in the city it's not needed. The configurator has a ridiculously simple description of what PDLS+ actually is.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Steering wheel
Automotive parking light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dam, you guys have got me back on the configurator building a new GTS
@yrralis1 got me started last week with his new build. I have been clean for more than two years and now am back on it. o_O
Up until now I was content with what I had but after watching that Crayon one I am feeling some love

·
Registered
2022 GTS ordered PNNX4X91
17 Posts
When we are out of this mess next year - we should organise a car and coffee for the Sydneysiders. I’ll bring an orange one!
Sounds like a plan. I'll bring an orange one too! Should organise a small run somewhere.
If the meet is open to owners of non-orange Macans then I'd be keen to bring the new steed for an outing also!? ;)

·
Registered
2022 GTS ordered PNNX4X91
17 Posts
Finally paid my deposit with the follow configuration, very exciting and happy about it. Thank you so much !

PNF45BL7
Nice build Illfaye. I switched between white or silver outer with all black internal and vice versa several times; but in the end decided on black metallic external and contrast white stitching internal. Look forward to seeing your car at a future meet, once keys are in hand and Sydney lockdowns end, of course! 😉

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNMI5PJ6
156 Posts
Just saw this thread. It's good to see Porsche Australia is adding more options as standard for Gen 3. I just thought you may want to consider a few things that may not be very clear on the configurator.

1. The standard leather package does not have leather in certain key places that you are likely to touch like the bottom of the window frames. The extended leather package covers almost everywhere.

2. The Macan GTS logo can come in high gloss at no charge. The sport mirrors and the window surrounds are gloss so you need to think about keeping it all gloss at that level.

3. PDLS+ is very useful for long distance driving after sundown and in Australia it is dynamic (unlike the USA where it just switches on/off). It prevents you from having to dip the high beam manually. If you just drive in the city it's not needed. The configurator has a ridiculously simple description of what PDLS+ actually is.

View attachment 246193
Mate you should work for Porsche! After seeing your very detailed explanation of the extended leather package decided today to change my order for the extended leather - black with pebble grey😎 Thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mate you should work for Porsche! After seeing your very detailed explanation of the extended leather package decided today to change my order for the extended leather - black with pebble grey😎 Thanks
Good work. It is not clear on the configurator that the standard package only gives you leather on the front dash and the armrests on the doors. The "Extended leather package" covers much more and crucially the window frame ledges so the leather on the dash flows around the cabin at the same level. Maybe I should start thread of important options not to miss ?

Also the PDLS+ in Australia is the dynamic main beam version which is much more advanced than the option in the US due to the laws they have over there. The description of PDLS+ is hopeless on the Porsche website. It is much clearer in the manual but you get that after you get the car. All lighting variants for all German cars come from Hella. The PDLS+ is simply the Hella VarioX system. Enjoy this video to see if it is right for you.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts