Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my new friends, I m thinking to order my very first Porsche car. I am deciding between S and GTS, here are my configurations.

Macan S - Der Porsche Code PN5J2GZ2
Macan GTS - Der Porsche Code PNCT4H75

Would you please help me have a look and let me know if they are good for its model and if anything need to be added on or deleted. I am a female driver living in Sydney, normally just use for daily drive and occasionally drive for short trip.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
I have a few questions before I comment . Your configurator is very different than ours . You have to pay for every option individually . I could not find "sport chrono" . Its usually listed on the US configurator under "performance" . Many of the performance features are listed under "chassis" but not this one .

1) Is sport chrono standard on the GTS in Australia ?

2) I can not believe the base price of the vehicle is not listed on the configurator anywhere . It just says 'new" . So I looked it up . The GTS is 129 K base price . Is that USD or your currency ? I did some of the conversions on options but that is specified in AUD .

3) All of the options you put on the GTS are cosmetic or exterior with the exception of power steering plus which is useless BTW . A sunroof, seat belts and crayon paint might "look nice" but there are so many other avenues with the car to option that are missing .

Ok. First I need a currency clarification on the base price as well as sport chrono . Then I have comments . I do understand how it must be overwhelming to look at that list and prices and not know what to do .

By the time this thread gets to about page 3 you will be well on your way to becoming Porsche Macan pro builder so dont worry .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a few questions before I comment . Your configurator is very different than ours . You have to pay for every option individually . I could not find "sport chrono" . Its usually listed on the US configurator under "performance" . Many of the performance features are listed under "chassis" but not this one .

1) Is sport chrono standard on the GTS in Australia ?

2) I can not believe the base price of the vehicle is not listed on the configurator anywhere . It just says 'new" . So I looked it up . The GTS is 129 K base price . Is that USD or your currency ? I did some of the conversions on options but that is specified in AUD .

3) All of the options you put on the GTS are cosmetic or exterior with the exception of power steering plus which is useless BTW . A sunroof, seat belts and crayon paint might "look nice" but there are so many other avenues with the car to option that are missing .

Ok. First I need a currency clarification on the base price as well as sport chrono . Then I have comments . I do understand how it must be overwhelming to look at that list and prices and not know what to do .

By the time this thread gets to about page 3 you will be well on your way to becoming Porsche Macan pro builder so dont worry .
That pricing is in AUD. The gts spec listed above is around 158k drive away with taxes in Victoria. Each state has slightly different taxes etc.

spots chrono is standard on the gts too.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
That pricing is in AUD. The gts spec listed above is around 158k drive away with taxes in Victoria. Each state has slightly different taxes etc.

spots chrono is standard on the gts too.
Thank you --

My reply is to the original poster.

That being said every option is important . Usually when someone puts an S and a GTS up I already know they want the GTS . There's nothing wrong with the S other than you will want the GTS . There are also certain things standard on the GTS but in Australia they are not . Also I noticed the S build is a gentian and the GTS is Crayon . Any reason why two different colors ? I only tinkered with the GTS in this post.

So I will map out a few choices -

1) Comfort . The GTS is typically a way of bringing motorsport styling cues into street vehicles . Black leather is a great choice with crayon . I see full leather costs more but is the place where the driver spends all the time . Its not mandatory but it is preferred . Both heated seats and ventilated seats are mandatory with leather if the climate gets cold or hot . This is especially the case if its humid and hot. The GT steering wheel is expensive but its very nice (not mandatory) . Power assist steering is useless . I added just the heat and ventilation and the Gt steering wheel.

- Lane change assist -- Its not there . I see lane keep assist (glad you omitted it) . I hope lane change is standard.

- Adpative cruise control, -- I never use it but there are guys on tis forum who would not buy a car without it .

- Seats - the 18 way seats are so much nicer than the 14 . None are bad but with 18's you are secured in the seat of the Porsche beast better.

- the trim -- the piano trim is awful . Its plastic looking . The standard brushed aluminum is much nicer . The most beautiful (and expensive) is carbon fiber. I had it on two out of my 5 Macan cars and never saw one bit of the cost in resale . It was pretty though .

- the sunroof -- wow .. expensive !! thats personal choice though . I have it . Outside of the initial "ooooh and ahhh "
I never use it . Wife likes it though .

-the seat belts ... you can put them back but I took them off .

2) Performance -
PASM and Air suspension are a MUST !!!!!! It's standard in the USA on a GTS .

This is where I got you to.
PNYICF84

·
Registered
4 Posts
Air suspension is standard on the Macan gts in Australia now too. The option on the website is for the more comfy tuned version of it. I think its also 10mm higher then the gts tuned version.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Air suspension is standard on the Macan gts in Australia now too. The option on the website is for the more comfy tuned version of it. I think its also 10mm higher then the gts tuned version.
If it is in fact standard then omit the option. That new code is this PN6CQYZ0

However, look at how they have it described on the configurator description. Why the incongruity ?

Australia --
Quote --
"Fully load-bearing air-spring struts, a total of three ride-height positions and possibility to lower rear axle to Loading Level, variable damping system with continuous regulation of damping force to reduce body movements as the situation demands, PASM damper mapping with three manually selectable modes ('Comfort', 'SPORT' and 'SPORT PLUS'). Includes self-levelling function

Note: For Macan GTS without Sport air suspension including lowering of 10mm"

USA -

Includes:

• Adaptive Air Suspension with self-leveling function
  • Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM): electronically variable active system with continuous damper control and three manually selectable modes
Note: The air suspension is raised 10 mm in comparison to the standard GTS air suspension.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hello my new friends, I m thinking to order my very first Porsche car. I am deciding between S and GTS, here are my configurations.

Would you please help me have a look and let me know if they are good for its model and if anything need to be added on or deleted. I am a female driver living in Sydney, normally just use for daily drive and occasionally drive for short trip.

Thanks.
One thing to consider is that the GTS comes with 21" wheels and the S 20" wheels. I went with the S for my 2022 order mostly because I wanted the 20's with a bit better ride and more practical for my use.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks.
Hi-
Just remember, at least in the US, the Porsche isn't making the Turbo for the 2022 line-up, so...the GTS received the Turbo motor, the S received the GTS and the Base received the S. I belive the 2022 S to be the sleeper car, ie-a deal n very fast clothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing to consider is that the GTS comes with 21" wheels and the S 20" wheels. I went with the S for my 2022 order mostly because I wanted the 20's with a bit better ride and more practical for my use.
For me, it's because I want regular springs. I would love to have the 434 hp/404 tq but I personally don't want to be forking out $$$$$$$$$$$$ for air suspension issues (such as leaks) and replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Options are everyone's style. I like the euro look. Silver window trim, silver wheels, clear headlights, Mojave/Black interior , no blades on the doors, no logo on the rear, walnut heated wheel, vented seats, and every performance option they have. I even would go PTS for Gulf Blue. The GTS adds up fast but would also be a keeper.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
For me, it's because I want regular springs. I would love to have the 434 hp/404 tq but I personally don't want to be forking out $$$$$$$$$$$$ for air suspension issues (such as leaks) and replacement.
I have had 5 Macan cars . Two of them made it over 40K miles and none had AS issues . AS is standard in the USA . This new 2022 option where it can be raised is just silly and somehow morphed from the 911 offers . On a 911 its silly because the person can get front axle lift . So in essence even on a 911 its a poor man FAL system on a 150+K car .

The entire reason why AS is offered standard on the GTS is because Porsche themselves feel the car handles better dialed into the lower setting with the GTS throttle map being a bit more spicy (than other trims) . The "comfort" setting is higher and extremely comfortable . In fact I found it more comfortable than the springs I had in my Cayenne and loaner cars. The off road setting I only used once after a hurricane to give clearance to a big puddle.
Combined with PASM its an ideal SUV suspension targeting many capabilities .

If the Australian car does in fact come with the "lowered" version standard then the option does not need to be checked , If not then I feel its a must . The raised version is a joke and should be omitted entirely from any SUV .
I do feel their configurator in not clear even by not listing the base price .

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Hi-
Just remember, at least in the US, the Porsche isn't making the Turbo for the 2022 line-up, so...the GTS received the Turbo motor, the S received the GTS and the Base received the S. I belive the 2022 S to be the sleeper car, ie-a deal n very fast clothing.
True !!! But its not a GTS . I have noticed two camps of thought :
1) The person buys the lower trim (which is expensive) and justifies it as not being a glutton .
2) The person realizes they are all expensive and wants no doubts .

The GTS also does get some nice standard amenities like the PSCB brakes and the PSE plus the Hp bump at marginal price gap compared to other Porsches .

There's not much to dislike about a new Crayon GTS as a first Porsche .

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
So far as I have read since 2017 and experience with my 2018 there have been no significant issues with the AS that I can recall. One member replaced an air bag and two others had to fix an air compressor as I recall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you --

That being said every option is important . Usually when someone puts an S and a GTS up I already know they want the GTS . There's nothing wrong with the S other than you will want the GTS . There are also certain things standard on the GTS but in Australia they are not . Also I noticed the S build is a gentian and the GTS is Crayon . Any reason why two different colors ? I only tinkered with the GTS in this post.

1) Comfort . The GTS is typically a way of bringing motorsport styling cues into street vehicles . Black leather is a great choice with crayon . I see full leather costs more but is the place where the driver spends all the time . Its not mandatory but it is preferred . Both heated seats and ventilated seats are mandatory with leather if the climate gets cold or hot . This is especially the case if its humid and hot. The GT steering wheel is expensive but its very nice (not mandatory) . Power assist steering is useless . I added just the heat and ventilation and the Gt steering wheel.

- Lane change assist -- Its not there . I see lane keep assist (glad you omitted it) . I hope lane change is standard.

- Adpative cruise control, -- I never use it but there are guys on tis forum who would not buy a car without it .

- Seats - the 18 way seats are so much nicer than the 14 . None are bad but with 18's you are secured in the seat of the Porsche beast better.

- the trim -- the piano trim is awful . Its plastic looking . The standard brushed aluminum is much nicer . The most beautiful (and expensive) is carbon fiber. I had it on two out of my 5 Macan cars and never saw one bit of the cost in resale . It was pretty though .

- the sunroof -- wow .. expensive !! thats personal choice though . I have it . Outside of the initial "ooooh and ahhh "

2) Performance -

PNYICF84

Thank you so much for the nice built Yrralis ! For S I didn't really want to pay the extra for color and I think dark blue also will be a nice color for a more conservative car.

The reason I m deciding between GTS and S is mainly because in Australia GTS comes with AS +PASM, 21"wheels, sport chrono, heated front seats which I would like to added on S, and prices won't be a huge differences after and GTS of course will be better in performance too.

I agree yes 18 ways seats will be a better option for GTS.

Great advises !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you --

2) Performance -

PNYICF84
Finally paid my deposit with the follow configuration, very exciting and happy about it. Thank you so much !

PNF45BL7

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Finally paid my deposit with the follow configuration, very exciting and happy about it. Thank you so much !

PNF45BL7
I can surely understand the excitement .You will have a very nice first Porsche with this build . Its elegant and stylish while at the same time a world class performance SUV . Congrats and welcome aboard !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can surely understand the excitement .You will have a very nice first Porsche with this build . Its elegant and stylish while at the same time a world class performance SUV . Congrats and welcome aboard !
I am so excited :) thanks you Yrralis !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts