Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Hope everyone enjoy their Thanksgiving. I currently own a 2013 Cayenne GTS and plan to trade it in for a 2020 Macan S next weekend. However, I do have some concerns. The Macan S that I am interested in does not have "Macan S" on the back hatch. Is that normal? No Macan side panels as well, but I'm not too worried about that. Secondly, as I test drove it, there was a slight rumble coming from the dash as I moved lanes. The saleman said it was the lane shift warning. However, that sounded like a "not so good" vibration tone. Is that normal as well?
r/s
Ajj132

·
Registered
331 Posts
"side panels"? What do you mean by that? Many people and dealerships ordering Porsches of all kinds (including Macans and Cayennes) have the model type not specified on the back. Many people like myself prefer this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all,
Hope everyone enjoy their Thanksgiving. I currently own a 2013 Cayenne GTS and plan to trade it in for a 2020 Macan S next weekend. However, I do have some concerns. The Macan S that I am interested in does not have "Macan S" on the back hatch. Is that normal? No Macan side panels as well, but I'm not too worried about that. Secondly, as I test drove it, there was a slight rumble coming from the dash as I moved lanes. The saleman said it was the lane shift warning. However, that sounded like a "not so good" vibration tone. Is that normal as well?
r/s
Ajj132
"side panels"? What do you mean by that? Many people and dealerships ordering Porsches of all kinds (including Macans and Cayennes) have the model type not specified on the back. Many people like myself prefer this.
When I state "side panels", I am referring to the lower exterior trim. The lower trim that is usually black and on the doors (lower trim).

·
Registered
62 Posts
The side panels should be there. But an option would be to get it color matched to the paint rather than the standard black.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello all,
r/s
Ajj132
look up the VIN# on Vin Analytics and see if it says something like “ Model Designation Delete ”. If it says something similar to that it would explain the “ S “ Missing from the back.

Also, as far as the side panels missing - I believe they’re referred to as “ side blades “. The build sheet may say something like “ side blades in body color “.

The “ vibration tone “ may indeed be the Land Departure Warning “. If the LDW was activated you would get a vibration tone when switching lanes or wandering out of your lane. See the photo below for that button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look up the VIN# on Vin Analytics and see if it says something like “ Model Designation Delete ”. If it says something similar to that it would explain the “ S “ Missing from the back.

Also, as far as the side panels missing - I believe they’re referred to as “ side blades “. The build sheet may say something like “ side blades in body color “.

The “ vibration tone “ may indeed be the Land Departure Warning “. If the LDW was activated you would get a vibration tone when switching lanes or wandering out of your lane. See the photo below for that button.
View attachment 227947
Thank you. I was hoping the sound was legit. Not sure why Porsche could not have come up with a better sound for that activation, but it is what it is. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you are changing lanes, you should be signaling. Thus without a signal- lane change is warning you that you are drifting. Go test it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts