Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Turbo the day after I saw its debut @ LA Auto Show. Exactly what I have been looking for. Had one of the first Carrera 4s - then kids and several Audis. Last two were 4S Avants - really wanted the RS4 Avant but couldn't get it here (US). Macan Turbo gives me same specs with clearance for snoblowing here in Idaho winters. Confirmed Euro delivery (Zuff) on May 17, 2014 (USA on-sale date). Silver/black/carbon, all performance opts., pano, Burmester, spider wheels, etc. - came in @ $95 w/o tax. This will be my second Euro delivery - wife busy picking out spas:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Awesome spec :) welcome!

How does Euro delivery work? Do you go to Liepzig and get shown around the track in a demo Macan and then get shown your car? Then you fly home while the car is shipped to you?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Euro delivery

A little different than other German makers; no discounts and drop-offs other than Zuff and Leipzig are extra ($$$), you do get one night at a nice hotel. No-cost option to pick up in Zuff instead of Liepzig, I'm getting mine in Zuff for Black Forest tour and to see museum. Also note: a bit of a conflict between Porsche and dealers on this, as dealers are forced to eat about $3K in costs (hotel, ins., re-prep., etc.) although they get an extra allocation - i.e. many are reluctant to accommodate - my dealer is working with me but this needs to get sorted out. I picked up an Audi S4 Avant in 2007 and it was a blast (bucket list) to hit 150mph on Autobahn after break- in. Can't wait...

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Welcome Sno. We're also getting a Macan due to it's wagon cargo specs, along with additional ground clearance for getting around in the snow. Curious to know if you've checked the box for the air suspension.

I wish I could take advantage of Euro delivery on our Macan S, but since Porsche doesn't do the discount as BMW, MB, and Audi do, it's hard to justify the expense. Perhaps if we upgrade from an S to a turbo when the lease is up... :) We did ED on a 335 a couple of years ago. Definitely a bucket list experience for any auto enthusiast.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Euro delivery

Yes, for snow. See you are @ 9K'+, so it's a mitigating option . I'm in for utility 1st , the sport function is the bonus I miss. Euro delivery is a lux, hard to justify, but just sold a used LR Defender 90 for 2x what I pd. 12 yrs. ago - so parley down on a new dream for old guy (50+ per my son). I think this car is going to rock...

TG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.