Porsche Macan Forum banner

Hello from KY!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jdmacans 
#1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Hello! New member from KY, bought a 2017 Macan GTS back in 2016. His name is Pete. He’s been a bit of a problem… I’m the only owner and he’s had a new gear box, new drive shaft, new valve head covers, new leather dash, plus all the recalls that have applied to him. I have a love/hate relationship with Porsche but at least my car is cute! 🤣

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry to hear of the problems. We're on our fourth Macan without a single driveability problem. Of course the early ones had the recalls, and the radiator shutter motors failed on the '15 and '17 at near 40k miles. Oh yeah...the wipers chattered on all of them. But really, Porsche has been the most trouble free German marque we've owned; five 911's,1 Cayenne, and 4 Macan's. But that doesn't help you at all. At least it's fun when it's driveable, right?

Reactions: PeterPorsche
#6 ·
Seems like some early build GTS's had there fair share of issues with yours being one of them. Still a great vehicle once all the issues are handled. When I was looking for a pre-owned GTS the goal was to find a late build 18 which I finally did after 3 months of searching.

#9 ·
Beautiful ride! I was born and raised in central KY and still visit a few times a year. One thing I’ve noticed is you don’t see many Macans there, let alone a carmine red GTS. I bet that thing turns some heads which hopefully makes yours hurt a little less when the gremlins attack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.