Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve heard Toll EZ Passes Don’t work through the heated windshield. Does anyone know will a Valentine 1? Are there work around.

Any knowledge or info on an exterior K 40 Laser Jammer?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Whats a heated front windshield?

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Whats a heated front windshield?
One of the newer options for the Macan. It's listed as part of the Interior options on the configurator.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The heated windshields are new VW Group technology, introduced into Cayennes and Macans for MY2019. I ordered it for my 2019 Macan after seeing it work last winter on de-icing a 2019 Cayenne windshield quickly. It works via silver coatings (no wires visible) in the front windshield, to quickly remove condensation/fog or ice/snow without the use of air, and you invoke it by pushing the rear-window-defrost button. It also gives a cool copper-color look when looking at the front windshield from the outside, and this presumably also helps keep heat out in the summer. I'm very glad that I ordered this new option. I was involved in the discussion thread on EZPass transponders not working with this new windshield, and I had to get a special transponder put on my front license plate. I have no experience with speed radar detectors, and I'll never buy one, so I can't help there.

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
I would be shocked if the windshield didn't have an ezpass/radar cut out in the same place as the Thermal Insultated Glass on the passenger side of the rear view mirror. But I guess anything is possible. For those that have it, maybe its in the owners manual. If so, post it up I'm interested to find out too.

·
Registered
895 Posts
In my past experience any windsheild that has a metallic film in the glass for infrared blockage or in your case also for heating, blocks radar signals from the detector. I had a Range Rover Evoque with the cut out area. Even when the detector was behind the cut out its sensitivity to police radar was reduced about 30-40%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts