Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Espresso leather interior owners confirm the color of the headliner? Is the headliner Espresso or black?

In particular, would appreciate feedback from someone with a 2019-up car with Espresso.

Thanks!

Contemplating a Race-Tex headliner, which would be black or anthracite, I think...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2016 turbo and my headliner is also espresso--not sure if this is still the case with 2017+.or even non-turbo models though

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fairly certain it’s black if you do not order the optional Alcantara headliner, but if you do, then it is espresso.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Excellent question. On the Turbo, which has the alcantara headliner as standard equipment, the headliner would also be espresso. But not sure what happens with the other trim models.

Reactions: Llarry

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Excellent question. On the Turbo, which has the alcantara headliner as standard equipment, the headliner would also be espresso. But not sure what happens with the other trim models.
My sales guy maintains that it is espresso either way -- regular or Race-Tex. I've added Race-Tex to the build.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Almost all plastics are espresso, roof handles are espresso, sun visors are espresso but ceiling material is not espresso.
I'll try to take some photos to show you when I'll drive my car next time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes, it matches well, since light is coming from outside it'll never distract you.
About your build - I tried to imagine any shade of red centers in the seats and I couldn't match them.
How will your two tone seats look like?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it matches well, since light is coming from outside it'll never distract you.
About your build - I tried to imagine any shade of red centers in the seats and I couldn't match them.
How will your two tone seats look like?
I have revised my build, which was white with espresso interior and with red stitching and seat centers. It is currently Carmine Red exterior with Espresso interior and deviated Mojave Beige stitching only -- no deviated seat centers. So more monochromatic than the previous build. I explored getting a visualization of the bicolor interior from Porsche Exclusive but was informed that the fancy configurator they use is not currently working.

And I have specified Race-Tex headliner, to a bit different than yours. Hopefully still a good complement to the espresso leather.

·
Registered
528 Posts
SD mirrors were in the spec earlier but I decided that I preferred the look of the standard mirrors. I'd prefer painted mirror bases, as with the SD mirrors. Want to have cake and eat it, too, but oh well...
There's the option for SportDesign Exterior Mirrors in High Gloss Black, might look great with gloss black door handles.
When is your order locking up?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@Llarry I just peeked at your build and I love the leather you picked for the interior. The stitching in the beige with the seatbelts will make the leather pop I think. Now are your getting your keys in the beige or the stitching around the leather case in beige and your keys in red to match the color of the car. I always loved looking at my Carmine Red key peeking out of the leather case (which I didn't turn over to the insurance company when I gave them the keys :D) .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Llarry I just peeked at your build and I love the leather you picked for the interior. The stitching in the beige with the seatbelts will make the leather pop I think. Now are your getting your keys in the beige or the stitching around the leather case in beige and your keys in red to match the color of the car. I always loved looking at my Carmine Red key peeking out of the leather case (which I didn't turn over to the insurance company when I gave them the keys :D) .
Yep -- I'm glad to see that I am not the only one to splurge on the painted keys -- with leather case in espresso & stitching in beige. And that is cool that you kept the case!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts