Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight has been out for at least 2 days, but I never received a warning/error message notifying me. Car has less than 6k miles. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue. Right (passenger side) went out last night and no error message. Car has almost 10K. Going to call dealer today because they are about 2hrs from my location so can’t just take it in easily! Will update this post if I learn anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Turns out for me the issue is with the fault control unit of the headlight. So, the headlight needs to be replaced (been in a loaner for more than a week now awaiting the part’s arrival). Dealership explained that because the fault control unit was out, it fails to communicate the error with the car. Guy said he has seen this once before. Are you in a 2019 as well? Please keep me posted so we can compare notes on the cause. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue with my 2019 Macan PDLS plus Offside headlight (uk) inner two of the four Leds not working - failed to communicate any error only noticed when doing walk around light operation check - five days including weekend to replace complete headlight unit under warranty - will try to confirm reason fo the failure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in a 2019 too. Called the dealer this AM and mentioned what you had posted. Scheduled to take it in on March 2nd. Will update once they find the reason why!! Hope that maybe they could order the part you had replaced so I won’t need a loaner for a week plus...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I picked up my car and the rep said that this may become a recall. Apparently, it’s now a known issue now for the 2019s. Interestingly, it’s only the RIGHT headlight affected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the update!! Mine is the RIGHT headlight too! Definitely going to call the dealership on Monday and make sure they order the part ahead of time!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Update: I picked up my car and the rep said that this may become a recall. Apparently, it’s now a known issue now for the 2019s. Interestingly, it’s only the RIGHT headlight affected.
Curious if any 2020's experiencing this issue. Glad they ID'd the issue and it sounds like an easy fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally had mine replaced. I know I posted almost 2 months ago. Turns out my dealership would not order the part until they saw the car. Then they ordered the driver (left) headlight instead of the passenger (right). Took longer than I wanted for replacement, but at least I only got pulled over once for only one headlight!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good that I found this thread. I have same issue with my 2020 Macan S. It only has 7500 km. Passenger side low beam is out (4-point LED is working) and no warning light on dashboard. Will call dealer tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts